8.4A locked up after XM reactivation.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

msgtdave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have had XM radio on my truck(8.4) since 2015. A few days ago, my subscription expired and I contacted Sirius about reactivating. They sent out a reactivation and not when I try to use m all I get on my display is 'XM SERVICE BEING LOADED-- PLEASE WAIT' . I have spent day on the phone with Sirius and no help. Refresh signals, with radio off, iginition off, doors open. They tell me that it is my radio. I tried to tell them that my radio was working fine until they sent out the reactivation. I have tried to get them to deactivate and reactivate, but they are going to send me one of their radios. I don't want their radio, I want my radio back. AM and FM work fine, but not XM. I have disconnected the battery, but no help. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Flip-er

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
HMMMMMMMMMM
something I have to worry about if I ever turn mine back on.
I canceled service a week ago paid what I had to that I owed, and I still have it.
Not complaining BUT cant see paying 218.00 a year for something I use maybe 2 hrs aday

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Try a soft reboot: Its a sticky thread right in this area of the forum:

http://www.ramforum.com/f51/uconnect_8_4_soft_reboot-99754/

See if that works.

Sirius XM is such a scam....but I really love it. You cannot cancel online..have to do it by phone. Be prepared to cancel....and walk away...see if they will give you a deal:

Cancellation Number: 866-635-2349

I have 1 year free in my Rebel...and about 2 weeks before it ends I'll call and see if I can get a deal. I also run a separate XM small radio receiver in my squad car. For me thats worth it...as I spend 8-10 hours per day in my squad car. I also love XM on vacations in my personal vehicle...so I almost have to have it in my Ram.

One thing to remember and know about Sirius XM...they sell ALL of your personal information. They are one of the reasons you get so many spam phone calls and paper mail about new vehicle warranties. I still get scam warranty offers on a vehicle I owned 4 years ago.

I put my office work desk phone number as my Sirius XM contact number. The calls to my cell phone have slowed considerably over the last year.

Rant off....good luck getting your radio fixed.