8'' Sub ( doors not amped )

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caldwell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Hey Fella's

I have said on here before that I do not want subs, but I had a thought and was curious for other members input.

No matter what I want to swap out the speakers ( Alpine 6x9's ) ( Unknown 3.5's ) in my truck, that alone is a massive upgrade on the OEM set up. I was wondering how well a 8'' sub powered with like 150-RMS would sound against the door speakers without them being amped ???

think that would be to much ? I guess I could always buy a bass knob to adjust when I want to. I figured with the sub under the seat it would not be to over powering.

Open minded for thoughts suggestions.

Danny,

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Buddy just got the Kicker 8" hideway for under his seat and it sounds pretty darn good for a little guy. Fills out the low end perfectly if you aren't into window shaking bass. There are others on here that have ran them as well.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Digital Designs (DD) also has wicked nice 8, and even a 6.5" sub that would really fill out the low end, while leaving your rear view mirror intact.

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Or the sundown audio sa-8 v.2 but this sub works better on a ported enclosure. Bad ass little sub.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Buddy just got the Kicker 8" hideway for under his seat and it sounds pretty darn good for a little guy. Fills out the low end perfectly if you aren't into window shaking bass. There are others on here that have ran them as well.

Exactly what I had, loved it! Sold it to 09SMOKIN on here.

OP
OP
Caldwell

Caldwell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I dont want window shaking, I have had that before with my 900w RMS ( RE-SXX10D2 ) Sub. It was a Ported 10 and rocked the hell out of my old explorer.

I want some bump, but wont over power the doors so i dont have to Amp them. Think this set up would do the trick ?

* anyone know of a prefab 8'' sub enclosure for our trucks ?, if not I guess I could consider a 10''...

Last edited:

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I dont want window shaking, I have had that before with my 900w RMS ( RE-SXX10D2 ) Sub. It was a Ported 10 and rocked the hell out of my old explorer.

I want some bump, but wont over power the doors so i dont have to Amp them. Think this set up would do the trick ?

* anyone know of a prefab 8'' sub enclosure for our trucks ?, if not I guess I could consider a 10''...

The Hideaway would fit about anywhere, or a Kicker PT8 or PT10"
11hs8.jpg

OP
OP
Caldwell

Caldwell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

where does he have it located in his truck ?

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
In his Subaru Forester right under the drivers seat. He doesn't have amped speakers and it keeps up perfectly with them.