Ac blower not blowing hard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caleb langley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2011 2500 and the air blows cold but not hard. You can hear the change in different fan speeds but barely blows from the vents. I've read on the other threads about the 05-09 and others that you could just take the blower motor off and reach up there and take the broken recirculation door out. Is that the same with the 2011? I've tried but can't find any door. I also plugged the blower in when. It was pulled out and it seems to blow like it supposed to

Ramzaq

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 CC 4X4 3.55 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It is possible that the evaporator in your truck is plugged with dirt and debri.

If the blower seems fine when you have it out I would have someone check inside the unit for a plugged evap.

Air blows from the blower to the temp blend door (hot/Cold mix). You could check the door from the outside, it is located between the radio and the glove boxes and is easily accessible. Two screws and remove the motor actuator, you will have access to the door lever. Move it up and down and you should be able to determine if it is broken.

One other question, does your unit blow out of all the outlets when selected? If the foot actuator is bad it blows full on the floor but very little anywhere else.

HVACunit-Ram_zps070392c7.png

Page-2022007_zps7bau4qil.png

Last edited:

Jeffrocco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi Gas
For newer Dodge 2500 trucks
This may help someone some day.

I have a 2012 Ram 2500 and when I dropped the blower motor everything was working and no obstruction in the blower “cage”. I dropped the glove box and noticed a duct leading to the firewall. It was fixed into an open position and didn’t look as if it should be moved. I shined a flashlight into the open duct and saw a fast food napkin blocking the intake area. Pulled it out, put the blower motor back into place and the air blew me to the back seat! Haha. This day it was 108 degrees and I drove home for an hour in the truck, nearly died after working outside all day. It only took 15 minutes to fix it. So things in the glovebox may end up in the air duct, save yourself a bundle. You need a torx set or the right one. Three screws, easy. Passenger side under the glove box on 2012 Ram 2500 ST 4x4.
You should drop the glove box first before you worry about the blower motor, no tools required, flashlight app on your phone will be enough.