Accent Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jukebox64

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Group,I am new to the forum so this it my first post. I am thinking of adding some blue LED accent lights in the grill. My question is,has anyone else done this and if so,where did you wire them in?

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
Keep in mind blue is probably illegal while driving. I would wire it to a parking light with a switch into the cab. Or run it straight off the battery with an inline fuse, again with a switch to the cab.

OP
OP
Jukebox64

Jukebox64

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks Adrum. I was thinking straight to the battery with a fuse like on my bike. But is was a lot easier to run the toggle switch on my bike. where would I go through the firewall with my wiring? See that's my problem,running the wiring inside the cab. Iv'e put lights on quite a few motorcycles but never on a truck.

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There are a lot of wires that go through the firewall already. You will find a rubber grommet in the firewall on the drivers side. You can poke a tiny hole to run the wire through. Just put a dab of silicone or something over it to seal when done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
Ya there is a 3-4 inch long black piece on the firewall opposite the steering wheel. It's held on by two 13 mm nuts from the inside of the cab. It's a pain with a ratchet. If you got an air ratchet it's a breeze. Pop out out and drill it. Or just leave the thing there and drill it. You should be safe if you use a short bit.

Come to think of it, they might be 16 mm. Been a little while since I was working on that.

Last edited:

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ya there is a 3-4 inch long black piece on the firewall opposite the steering wheel. It's held on by two 13 mm nuts from the inside of the cab. It's a pain with a ratchet. If you got an air ratchet it's a breeze. Pop out out and drill it. Or just leave the thing there and drill it. You should be safe if you use a short bit.
That plastic plate just to the right of the boot mentioned above is where I ran the long body harness for the OEM backup camera. I just drilled a hole it it while leaving it in place , installed a rubber grommet and ran the harness through it . This worked out great and I now have room to run additional wires for future mods similar to the OP.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is an excerpt from the OEM backup cam install instructions , the body grommet it mentions has a large wire bundle coming through it , the nipple (1) can be cut off to rout additional wires for mods.
Hope this helps !

52d2b3e3affee58074be48a38618196e.jpg

7c0fe49f4d19cffc4b009d3c064941a1.jpg

JGBimle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

This is a great spot. I have it drilled with a grommet and have all my accessory wires going thru this with loom and silicone and haven't had any issues

OP
OP
Jukebox64

Jukebox64

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks to everyone who gave me advice on where and how to run wires for some accent lights. If I had looked hard enough I might have figured something out,but I find it wise to ask those who have experienced the job what worked for them. Again,thanks guys. The Body Grommet sounds like what I was looking for.