Add nav to radio Uconnect?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grant211

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
My 2017 ram Laramie came without Nav.

From what I've read you can have the dealer add it for around $500-600. I've also seen something about a monthly service?

Question - once purchased is there a subscription to keep the Nav?

If you have purchased the nav. How do you like it? Any regrets?

I know I could spend less and probably have a better portable gps, but I like the "stock" appearance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mineralram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i had it installed on my 2017 laramie by the dealer and there was no difference between them at all. My 2015 sport came with nav from factory

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Grant211

Grant211

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Last edited:

Yobuck139

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does travel link come with the navigation activation or is it a separate unlock fee?

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Don't activate the NAV. If you already have an 8.4, you can buy an 8.4 with NAV and HD radio for $500-$600 bucks and sell your non-NAV for around $300-$400.

It's plug and play and you'll get more features. There is someone looking for your radio in the wanted section of this forum right now.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

SouthernGypsy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I know this is an older thread but I bought a 2018 Laramie that has the 8.4 without the NAV and I wanted to add it, my dealer said Chrysler no longer lets them add the NAV on 2018 models if it didn't come with it from the factory... Are they correct or is the dealer just being lazy? They claim there is no option anymore in the menu system when they plug it into their programmer computer on 2018 models like there was on 2017 models because when you have the Apple Car Play (and whatever the Android version is called) you can't have NAV but I know someone with a 2017 who has BOTH at the same time so that excuse doesn't make sense. Doesn't mean they didn't lock them out of adding it to 2018 models for some other reason, but that particular excuse makes no sense.

Ramtruck16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know this is an older thread but I bought a 2018 Laramie that has the 8.4 without the NAV and I wanted to add it, my dealer said Chrysler no longer lets them add the NAV on 2018 models if it didn't come with it from the factory... Are they correct or is the dealer just being lazy? They claim there is no option anymore in the menu system when they plug it into their programmer computer on 2018 models like there was on 2017 models because when you have the Apple Car Play (and whatever the Android version is called) you can't have NAV but I know someone with a 2017 who has BOTH at the same time so that excuse doesn't make sense. Doesn't mean they didn't lock them out of adding it to 2018 models for some other reason, but that particular excuse makes no sense.

Starting in 2018 model year chrysler switched radio manufactureres and the new 8.4 radio model does not support activating navigation on a non nav radio,you have to buy the radio with navigation already built in and swap them out.. hope this helps..

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Ramtruck16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Screw that!!! Buy an aftermarket radio with GPS. Thats a money making scam if I have ever seen one.

It seems like its a way for the dealer to get extra $$ from you going out the door.

My mother bought a 2017 Bmw x3 as a former loaner, it has full navigation etc, but the dealer wanted to charge $500 to activate the sirius sat radio, for the price of the car it should have already come activated from the factory.. she told dealer no thank you...

Sometimes its worth it and other times its not..

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It seems like its a way for the dealer to get extra $$ from you going out the door.

My mother bought a 2017 Bmw x3 as a former loaner, it has full navigation etc, but the dealer wanted to charge $500 to activate the sirius sat radio, for the price of the car it should have already come activated from the factory.. she told dealer no thank you...

Sometimes its worth it and other times its not..

Thats crazy! Makes me even more glad I bought an aftermarket alpine radio. GPS is better and more accurate than the 8.4 and the updates are free...for life.

Ramtruck16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Sometimes its worth it and sometimes its not..
Thats crazy! Makes me even more glad I bought an aftermarket alpine radio. GPS is better and more accurate than the 8.4 and the updates are free...for life.

I only bought my 8.4 radio for the larger screen, the radio i got was a vp3 but someone already activated the navigation,which is nice, ill use the nav on the 8.4, but ive got my portable Garmin with lifetime maps i can get out if i need it.