Add nav to Uconnect 8.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is so strange. I see some people say the factory Nav is terrible and others love it. Personally love mine. It works great for me. As far as the question about enabling the Nav on your RA3 there are a few places I have seen on ebay for 399.00 which is still pretty pricey. Remember your radio is an RA3 not the factory RA4 that comes with Nav so you will not have some of the features that the Factory RA4 radio does like Real Time Traffic and Travel Link.

norton333

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Go to Factoryradioparts.com, for $389.00 you can add it in a couple mins.I love mine and gave my son my top line Garmin that I just got for my new RAM.I think the site might be under construction right now, it tells you how to get the code from your radio, email it to them, pay with paypal. A while later they email you activation code, you type it in your system, and 2 mins later the nav pops on. I did have to go into my apps find the icon and drag it down. I hear lots of people don't like it, but I would buy it again in a min.I really like it!

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The add-on nav does not have all the same functions as the one that comes from ram.

Personally I have the nav and i would be happier if it offered apple play or android auto and i could just mirror my phone. the nav gets outdated and you have to pay to get updates. if you use your phone you dont have to pay for the updates.

OP
OP
ivey_usmc

ivey_usmc

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The add-on nav does not have all the same functions as the one that comes from ram.

Personally I have the nav and i would be happier if it offered apple play or android auto and i could just mirror my phone. the nav gets outdated and you have to pay to get updates. if you use your phone you dont have to pay for the updates.

How do you get it to work? I plugged in with the apple cord and nothing. My music comes up thats it. I have a iphone 7 and a 17 ram so it should work.

norton333

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

What funtions are missing? I rode in my buddy's new Laramie and his seemed to work just like mine and his was from the factory.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7

What funtions are missing? I rode in my buddy's new Laramie and his seemed to work just like mine and his was from the factory.

3d maps, i think the xm traffic and a few others sorry dont know off the top of my head.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
I have a RA3 coming out of my 16 - its about a month old.....I'll do $500 shipped on it. NAV was updated at the dealer (yes, paid $600......fun)

b5rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Add on nav will not give HD Radio Functionality, 3D maps, XM Travel Link/Traffic.
You mean I'm supposed to have HD Radio and traffic on my nav?!!!!!
have a 2016 and I upgraded at the dealer and don't have any of these. The Monroney sticker read the truck was Nav Ready

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Find or make a sleek mount for your tablet- the factory NAV is garbage if you frequent areas that change. Worst money I have spent on an option. I use my old Garmin with updates from openmapchest.org.

I wish they'd figure out a way to upload those maps to the 8.4 :(

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You mean I'm supposed to have HD Radio and traffic on my nav?!!!!!
have a 2016 and I upgraded at the dealer and don't have any of these. The Monroney sticker read the truck was Nav Ready

No as stated you only get those features with the factory enabled Nav which is the RA4 radio. Your truck has the RA3 radio with the Nav enabled by the dealer. You will not have HD Radio or the Travel Link or Real Time Traffic.

jimmerz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think it's absolute crap that HD radio is not built into all the stereos they offer! I have the upgraded Alpine system without nav and that means I lose HD radio, which I had on my 2014. Buyers remorse I guess. I should have paid closer attention!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

b5rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
No as stated you only get those features with the factory enabled Nav which is the RA4 radio. Your truck has the RA3 radio with the Nav enabled by the dealer. You will not have HD Radio or the Travel Link or Real Time Traffic.
thanks for the info...sad that in 2017 we still have to pay for navigation. it was 2200 on my BMW because of their 'technology' package

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think it's absolute crap that HD radio is not built into all the stereos they offer! I have the upgraded Alpine system without nav and that means I lose HD radio, which I had on my 2014. Buyers remorse I guess. I should have paid closer attention!

You can always replace your RA3 with the RA4 it's plug and play and easy to do.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Really? Thanks, I might look into that.

Hi Jimmerz, we do sell a full plug and play package to aid in going from a RA3( no nav) to the RA4 (nav, hd radio, 3d maps and landmarks, travel link/traffic). We also would love to buy back your old unit from you, which will go right towards the cost of the upgrade! Our replacement radio package can be found here. feel free to PM us if you have any questions!