Adding JL to factory Alpine....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cwgarner87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Ok guys... I have searched and searched for the answer to my simple (or so I thought) question and I can't seem to find a straight to the point answer. Can someone please help with this???

Question is... I have a 2015 ram laramie with the factory alpine system in it. I just purchased a set of JL Audio 10w1v3's in a box with a 600 watt amp. I am wanting to hook up a simple LOC (Metra from best buy $15) and run the RCA's to the amp. Can I tap into the factory wiring that plugs into the factory sub to get the right signal??? I would greatly appreciate someone who is a little better at this than I am to shed a little light on me lol!!

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes you can do that, don't expect amazing bass response as the factory alpine system rolls bass off the louder you turn it up. You would need a correction device like an LC2i to kill the roll off.

OP
OP
C

cwgarner87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yes you can do that, don't expect amazing bass response as the factory alpine system rolls bass off the louder you turn it up. You would need a correction device like an LC2i to kill the roll off.

Where do I find one of those and what kind of price range am I looking at? Is it a huge noticeable difference? If so is that thing a pain to hook up? I'm not wanting to get all into this thing... just wanted a little more thump and this happenedto be a good deal. Sorry for all the questions.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
its a LOC so same as any other LOC, follow its directions and tuning it should be easy. I think I've seen them for around 70 bucks, try amazon or local audio shop. full title is Audio Control LC2i.

OP
OP
C

cwgarner87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
its a LOC so same as any other LOC, follow its directions and tuning it should be easy. I think I've seen them for around 70 bucks, try amazon or local audio shop. full title is Audio Control LC2i.

Awesome man, thanks! I'll look into that as soon as I get the chance! I definitely like the idea of better sound!