Aftermarket Headunit in 14

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

metztech1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Alright, I have a 2014 tradesman / express. I currently have a very basic headunit. Non touchscreen, no Bluetooth. I frequently see people saying RA2 or RA3. I am unsure of what model I have... I do not believe I have a factory amp as it's a low trim package.

I am adding a JVC double Din touch screen unit with Apple car play and Bluetooth. I'm looking for any advice anybody has to offer and I really want to make sure I am ordering the right wiring harness.

Wiring harness
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EYP2JME/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_6w-FzbEJKQXMY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A05GSHO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I'm not sure about the harness you have in your Amazon link there, but I have a 13 Express with the 3.0 stock radio and just purchased a Kenwood DDX774BH head unit and all applicable/necessary wire harnesses need to do the install. I purchased a idatalink Maestro CH3 (HRN-RR-CH3) harness. Good information at the Maestro web site, heres a link. iDatalink - Maestro - Accessories

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
while the idata link piece is nice its not necessary if you dont have the factory 8.4 screen.

OP the link you posted should work.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
while the idata link piece is nice its not necessary if you dont have the factory 8.4 screen.

OP the link you posted should work.

Still adds a lot features and functionality. For the minimum price difference, it is well worth it IMO.

To the OP: Spend a few more bucks and get the Kenwood. The interface and response time on the Kenwood is much better. There is a reason Kenwood positions JVC as a budget brand.

Kytow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I believe I'm going to order the same kit for my head unit.

OP
OP
metztech1

metztech1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Often JVC is noted as kenwoods budget brand. However I am a big fan of the particular model I picked out.

Head unit - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N4H01KW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_.LhGzbXMXP9NF

A05GSHO - I appreciate the link you sent me! I was trying to figure out what I wanted to do about the satellite radio. It looks like IDatalink has a connector that will allow me to use the factory antenna.