aftermarket microphone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Just wanted some input on the aftermarket microphone. I just picked up a kenwood deck and it came with a microphone. Past experience tells me the mic that they sent won't be very good. Its been a few years sense my last aftermarket HU so maybe they have gotten better I will try this one and go from there. But does anyone have good recommendations for a flush mountable microphone in would love to flush mount into the a pillar or the overhead console for a nice factory look but I can't seem to find much on them.

Informal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just wanted some input on the aftermarket microphone. I just picked up a kenwood deck and it came with a microphone. Past experience tells me the mic that they sent won't be very good. Its been a few years sense my last aftermarket HU so maybe they have gotten better I will try this one and go from there. But does anyone have good recommendations for a flush mountable microphone in would love to flush mount into the a pillar or the overhead console for a nice factory look but I can't seem to find much on them.

Sorry I have no answer for you, just came to wish you luck.... I had a Pioneer unit in my old 2009 Silverado... I tried 4 different mics, in various positions... And the response I always got was... "Dude.... turn off your bluetooth, it sounds like hell!"

OP
OP
14hemiexpress

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Not sure if I got lucky or mics have gotten better I mounted mine up in the corner by the a pillar and my wife said she can hear me fine I had the a.c. going full blast and sitting in normal driving position.

Attachments

• 20160909_180353_HDR.jpg
    20160909_180353_HDR.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 79

Informal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure if I got lucky or mics have gotten better I mounted mine up in the corner by the a pillar and my wife said she can hear me fine I had the a.c. going full blast and sitting in normal driving position.

Oddly enough, my sweetheart of a wife was the only one who said it sounded fine....

That mic looks really familiar.... Pick one of your buddy's, who is the biggest ********.....And ask his opinion... Your answer will lie somewhere between the two. :p

OP
OP
14hemiexpress

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Oddly enough, my sweetheart of a wife was the only one who said it sounded fine....

That mic looks really familiar.... Pick one of your buddy's, who is the biggest ********.....And ask his opinion... Your answer will lie somewhere between the two. :p

My wife is the most honest. I'll try it on other but she would be the first to tell me it sounded like crap. She doesn't sugar cost anything.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The mic that came with my kenwood wasnt that good my wife told me it sounded like I was in a tunnel far away. I've been looking at new mics but have no clue where to start

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
14hemiexpress

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Seems to be hit or miss. I did talk to my mom and she had a harder time hearing me than my wife or dad did. But my wife has a iphone 5s and my dad has the 6s and I have a lg g vista2 and they are all the HD calling, it's pretty clear didn't ever know there could be a difference but my mom has a iphone 4 witch doesn't have that feature so maybe there's something to that.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Kenwood Microphone and everyone tells me I sound great on it.
Got mine mounted right next to mirror. Just got to adjust the mic settings, on your radio.
Even with the window down, at 75mph, people hear me fine.

Of course, full disclosure, I am about half deaf (RR Engr) and tend to be rather loud anyway.