Aftermarket Navigation Speed Input Signal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bill.turner3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I installed a Pioneer AVIC 5000 NEX Navigation Stereo in my 2010 Ram. The only thing I'm having problems with is locating where to connect the pink wire which is supposed to connect to the speed input signal. Can anyone help me out with this. Any help would be appreciated. I've been searching the forum and haven't been able to find anything. Thanks

arjan

Reaction score
Aftermarket decks get the speed from the gps signal. That's actually true speed and might differ from your speedo.
If you change tire sizes, you can actually use that to check how much your speedo is off.

OP
OP
B

bill.turner3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I'm looking for where to connect it. i had it connected to the input speed sensor on the trans but that gave me errors. I'm just trying to verify where to connect it. It supposedly makes the GPS more accurate. Thanks for your input.

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You may be able to find your answer over at AVIC411.com

It has been a LONG time since had to wire up an Avic but when I did, that forum helped me out. It is also possible that you could find the VSS wire on the tech authority website. My link is not working right now so I am not providing it but if you search this forum you should be able to find a working link to it.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
if you get one of the PAC harnesses (the $80 ones) it has it in the harness. on these trucks its controlled through the can bus system.

OP
OP
B

bill.turner3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I have the PAC harness installed already. I looked it up and sure enough the wire I need is there. Thank you very much for the info. I will try this when i get the opportunity.

OP
OP
B

bill.turner3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
That took care of it. I wish I knew this when I was installing. I also noticed the orange dimmer wire on there also. So I went ahead and hooked it up. That works as well. Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it.

OP
OP
B

bill.turner3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Also, Troutspinner, I know the AVIC 411 site well. That is a really good site for info on Pioneer AVIC systems.