Aftermarket Radio Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

res1551cue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Those of you with an aftermarket radio in your truck, does your VR and phone call button on your steering wheel still operate? Also does your GPS and SAT radio antenna still fit the aftermarket radio?

I want to get a touchscreen HU but dont want to pay $2K for one from Mopar.

msearam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
the steering wheel controls dont work and i need a new sat radio antenna on the deck i installed

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
i have the harness to retain my steering wheel controls... if you buying a new hu with nav it will have a new gps antenna, not sure about at cause i never used it before

OP
OP
res1551cue

res1551cue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thank. Appreciate the help. Any suggestion on hu?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
i just got a pioneer avic x940bt or whatever and love it, i actually ordere the 930 and the sent me a 940 so not complaining.... pretty bad ass for sure... fairly easy to install...love the customizable sounds options with the eq etc.... lots of options and great screen... map is pretty damn good also... way better than stock... just need to get bluetooth and steerign wheel controls working

OP
OP
res1551cue

res1551cue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thats one thing I dont want to lose is my steering wheel controls and the bluetooth.

To3z

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 Lone Star 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought a Kenwood HU and in order for me to keep all my standard stuff I had to buy a crap load of adapters. So it's possible to retain most of your features with aftermarket adapters. I had my steering wheel controls reprogrammed for the new HU, the GPS runs off my factory antenna with an adapter, and my satellite radio still uses the same cable (just need to take off the yellow piece at the end). The only thing I couldn't reuse was my factory microphone in the rear view mirror... So now I have the aftermarket one coming out of the driver side pillar.