Alarm Advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2012Longhorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
New member here and would greatly appreciate some advice from the experts out there. Allright well I've been searching the forums and I apologize if I've missed something but I'm looking for an aftermarket alarm system that integrates with the factory system, will only require the use of one keyfob, and has the following features in order of priority.

1. The ability to send a text msg to my phone when the alarm is activated.
2. I still want to use a keyfob, maybe in addition to phone, but I want to use the OEM keyfob so I don't have to carry the huge key around and a seperate box on my keychain.
3. I have factory remote start and I'd like the ability to retain the use of it through the factory keyfob.
4. Not required but it would be nice if I could roll the windows up/down through the keyfob, or at least have a function that when the alarm is armed all windows are shut...I keep forgetting about that damn back window.

I've been looking around and it seems like most of these things may be possible with the exception of maybe the windows through the use of the DB-All and maybe something like the smartstart system (I also like the idea of being able to track the truck), but I can't quite tie it all together and would I still be able to use my OEM keyfobs? Thanks for your help, looking forward to some advice.

tkyle486

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think viper has something like that. I know they have a smartstart for you phone, i don't know if it acts as a 2-way alarm though.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I read through the Viper website and don't mention anything to the degree of factory integration you're after. BUT, anything can be done by a competent enough installer and enough $$.
You may have to start with their $800 5904 model and add on from there; this is not going to be cheap.
You may be better off asking guys near you for installer references and speaking to them directly. Make sure you get the warranty in writing and some good references from the one you choose; for this calibre of job they should stand behind their work and not be afraid to let you poke around an install they're working on, or talk to previous clients.

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
if you find one let us know I've been after one for a while. I just ended up getting the Crimestopper CS-883.OEM which you use your key fob to activate and disalarm it. But it's a simple system not what your looking for. Try calling a alarm shop and see what they tell you.

OP
OP

2012Longhorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hmm, well it looks like I have some more homework to do. Thanks for the help, I'll let y'all know if I find anything.

If anyone else has any ideas feel free to chime in.