Alpine 8.4AN dash speaker and OEM subwoofer upgrade- '15 2500 CC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

12TrueSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 True Blue Pearl Sport
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I am also interested in the dash speaker upgrade. Can you provide some INFO on removing them? Any hidden clips we should go easy on etc?

Thanks.

Ramaniac

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500, Laramie
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Well I did finally get my speakers put in the dash and the sub woofer upgrade. It sounds great!!! Thanks BillR for the suggestions. :)

jadocs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How did you guys take the dash apart?

JCARTER7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone do the upgrade yet?
As the woofer gets broken in, I am even happier with with. So much better, tighter and harder hitting bass than with the stock Chinese woofer!
Not sure if the '15 trucks have different amps or anything, but I am very pleased with the set up I have now. Bass is better, more controlled - Not louder.
I did drop the EQ down a few clicks as well.

What are your eq settings at to feel the base more. I just bought the tweeters and sub you suggested. They come in Thursday!

I was wondering what I could install for my two ceiling speakers? Thanks

Last edited:

noupf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport 6'4 Bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
for those who replaced the subwoofer........how did you "properly" seal the hole in the bottom of the enclosure after removing the original sub?

6speedcummins

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Does anyone know where the factory amp is located in a truck with the Alpine system? I do not have the Alpine system, but found the stock wire harness for the sub woofer tucked away. I got a factory sub of ebay, plugged it in but got no sound. I'm trying to figure out where the other end of this wire harness is so I can plug it into something and make it work.

noupf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport 6'4 Bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Does anyone know where the factory amp is located in a truck with the Alpine system? I do not have the Alpine system, but found the stock wire harness for the sub woofer tucked away. I got a factory sub of ebay, plugged it in but got no sound. I'm trying to figure out where the other end of this wire harness is so I can plug it into something and make it work.

if you have the non alpine system, you arent going to have an amp to plug it into, all you have is the harness. Your non alpine radio is only going to have the amp inside of it for the stock front and rear speakers.

id say you would be better off buying an aftermarker sub and box to fit under the back seat, a small amp to power it and tap a pair of speakers to get the rca connections to give signal to the amp.

Ramaniac

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500, Laramie
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
After having these new speakers and sub in for a few weeks I just had to come back and say how great this system sounds now and the bass has some real thump to it now too. Thank you for your suggestions BillR :)

zj4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone have an extra dash speaker or want to go in on a pair to split for the 3rd one? PM me

noupf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport 6'4 Bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Anyone have an extra dash speaker or want to go in on a pair to split for the 3rd one? PM me

pm me, i'm interested and about to do this three speaker and the sub upgrade. i was gonna go the cheap route and just do the corner speakers and the sub, since id be sitting on an extra speaker......

noupf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport 6'4 Bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
got my sub and pair of 3 1/2" corner speakers in this week. I'll get around to intalling them sometime soon. I ended up just getting a pair of the 3 1/2" speakers for the front corners and said screw it about the center speaker. If anybody ever does this mod in full and had the extra center speaker sitting around, hit me up.

Tyrant

Reaction score
Ram Year
'12CC / '15RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bill,
Thanks for the info on this upgrade, I have a reg cab with the alpine system and replaced the dash and rear speakers.
what a difference!!! Will be doing the doors next.

Thanks again

dd2424

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
got my sub and pair of 3 1/2" corner speakers in this week. I'll get around to intalling them sometime soon. I ended up just getting a pair of the 3 1/2" speakers for the front corners and said screw it about the center speaker. If anybody ever does this mod in full and had the extra center speaker sitting around, hit me up.

The majority of people wouldn't do a center channel sort of setup. In an automotive settings you just need a good pair of front speakers.

kerryt1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
5.7 V8
I just replaced all 3 dash speakers and the sub with the same PNs you listed. Noticeable improvement, especially the 3.5". Well worth the low cost.

Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: SyN

noupf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport 6'4 Bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just replaced all 3 dash speakers and the sub with the same PNs you listed. Noticeable improvement, especially the 3.5". Well worth the low cost.

Thanks for sharing.

if you have the 4th 3.5" infinity speaker to sell, let me know. i did the front corners, but would like to get the third center 3.5" done

jadocs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Found this in YouTube, and I'm about to pull the trigger on this upgrade. Is is how you guys are replacing the dash speakers?
http://youtu.be/uhbjaDKAgaE

Last question. How many adapters do I need to purchase from Crutchfield? I looked up the part numbers in the original post and they both (dash speaker adapter and sub adapter) appear to come as a set of two. Just want to make sure I order the correct amount. Thanks.

noupf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport 6'4 Bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Found this in YouTube, and I'm about to pull the trigger on this upgrade. Is is how you guys are replacing the dash speakers?

Last question. How many adapters do I need to purchase from Crutchfield? I looked up the part numbers in the original post and they both (dash speaker adapter and sub adapter) appear to come as a set of two. Just want to make sure I order the correct amount. Thanks.

yes, same video i watched to do mine. The adapters come in a set ( one for each speaker ), so if you do the pair of corners like i did, you buy one set. If you buy a second set of speakers ( to use one of them in the center ) than you need to buy another set of adapters. In the end you will have one speaker and one adapter not in use..........and you should sell it to me for a fair price :)

jadocs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yes, same video i watched to do mine. The adapters come in a set ( one for each speaker ), so if you do the pair of corners like i did, you buy one set. If you buy a second set of speakers ( to use one of them in the center ) than you need to buy another set of adapters. In the end you will have one speaker and one adapter not in use..........and you should sell it to me for a fair price :)

I'm pretty sure I will order two sets of dash speakers so I can do all three. If I do I'll send you a PM and sell it to you if you still want it.

kerryt1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
5.7 V8

If you order from Crutchfield, the dash speaker adapters are included. You need to order one sub adapter, which is acutally a package of (2) adapters for the dual coil style speaker.

I also bought a 7/16" plug for the bolt hole on the bottom of the sub box at the local hardware store.