Alpine 8.4AN dash speaker and OEM subwoofer upgrade- '15 2500 CC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jadocs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you order from Crutchfield, the dash speaker adapters are included. You need to order one sub adapter, which is acutally a package of (2) adapters for the dual coil style speaker.

I also bought a 7/16" plug for the bolt hole on the bottom of the sub box at the local hardware store.

They are included with the dash speakers? That's good to know thanks! Also good tip on the plug from hardware store.

kerryt1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
5.7 V8
The required dash speaker adapters are added to the cart automatically at zero cost. You need one package of (2) for the sub, and I had to cut the spade connectors off the speaker end of the adapters and strip the wire because the sub has spring terminals. Easy as pie, and no modification to the truck or sub.

jadocs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good info thank you.

noupf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport 6'4 Bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you order from Crutchfield, the dash speaker adapters are included. You need to order one sub adapter, which is acutally a package of (2) adapters for the dual coil style speaker.

I also bought a 7/16" plug for the bolt hole on the bottom of the sub box at the local hardware store.

crutchfield is a rip off. I got the infinity 3.5's that the OP mentioned for like $50 less than crutchfield on amazon. bought the addapters from crutchfield for like $20.

The 8" pioneer sub was like half the price of crutchfield too on amazon ( about $70 vs $139 or so on crutchfield )

Last edited:

noupf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport 6'4 Bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm pretty sure I will order two sets of dash speakers so I can do all three. If I do I'll send you a PM and sell it to you if you still want it.

please do brother.

PS, looks like crutchfield has the infinity 3.5" speakers on sale, with the free adapters you will get them for about what i paid. Jump on it.

The sub, buy from amazon for $69.99 ( not $139 on crutchfield )

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't think you've ever had any issues running into warranty work if you are saying crutchfield is a rip off. They are authorized dealers for everything they sell and customer service is second to none, hard to get that with amazon prices.

Reactions: SyN

noupf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport 6'4 Bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I wanted to chime back in here. I was originally very un-impressed with the subwoofer upgrade after I finally had a chance to install it. I was happy with the clarity of the new infinity 3.5" dash speakers, but the woofer was very underwhelming.

However, after a week or two, the sub has seriously broken in and I have to be honest, the thump that I am getting from that 8" speaker is very nice. I did fill the enclosure with some poly fill, so I'm not sure if that helped too much, but none the less, for an 8" sub that's hooked up to the stock amp, this thing bumps and it's a very accurate bump too.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone have the resistance of the factory subwoofer, and the power going to it?

Billmartin2001

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Speaker Install

Hello BillR, thanks for your help. I just purchased the speakers you recommended and was wondering how you wired the sub - series or parallel?

The units will not be in for a while, but once installed I'll let you know.

Thx

noupf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport 6'4 Bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hello BillR, thanks for your help. I just purchased the speakers you recommended and was wondering how you wired the sub - series or parallel?

The units will not be in for a while, but once installed I'll let you know.

Thx

You are over thinking it. if you bought the plug and play wire adapters as mentioned in the thread you will see how to wire them. when you take the sub out and replace it

Reactions: SyN

Billmartin2001

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Thank you BillR for your excellent recommendation for bettering the factory upgrade of speakers. I only changed out the 3 fronts. Sub to be done when it arrives.

I listened to a cd prior to the upgrade just to get a baseline and the change is very noticeable. After doing the install myself I found the volume level is the same, but with better clarity and less distortion.

Really looking forward to the arrival of the sub.:):)

Again thanks.

NoveskeFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Crew Cab Short Bed Copperhead Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Doesnt replacing the factory speakers result in lost volume? Or can you now turn the volume up past where you once noticed "distortion" for a louder system? Also, does anyone know of front and rear door (crew cab) speakers and maybe headliner speakers that would drop in?

OP
OP
BillR

BillR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Thank you BillR for your excellent recommendation for bettering the factory upgrade of speakers. I only changed out the 3 fronts. Sub to be done when it arrives.

I listened to a cd prior to the upgrade just to get a baseline and the change is very noticeable. After doing the install myself I found the volume level is the same, but with better clarity and less distortion.

Really looking forward to the arrival of the sub.:):)

Again thanks.

You'll love the sub!!

Highplains Fisher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have the 5.0 HU with the premium Alpine speakers/sub, not the 8.4. Any reason why I wouldn't get the same improved results?

Billmartin2001

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Thank you BillR for the excellent speaker upgrade suggestions. Installed easily and sounds way better than stock.

noupf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport 6'4 Bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
SOLD: to Highplains Fisher

If anybody wants a set of the Infinity Reference speakers ( REF-3002cfx 3.5" ), I have a set to sell. I am going to rip everything out of my ram and go full custom. They were in the dash for about a month and work perfect. PM me if interested.

Last edited:

MrDazana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
its been awhile since someone posted here, but the Infinity REF-3002cfx are discontinued. does anyone know the replacement option is ?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye