This is it! Alpine owners re-joice!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd buy one.... right now om planning a complete system change and a estimated cost of $3000. Id rather not spend that much even though i want the sound quality. This will do for awhile.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

mondo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2wd express rcsb
Engine
I'm guessing this will work on the non Alpine system?

HEMI_Finn

U.S. ARMY Veteran
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I'm guessing this will work on the non Alpine system?
THIS! I've got the non Alpine 6 speaker setup (base?) w/ no sub. Are guys like me gonna benefit from this?

OP
OP
A

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I assume this will still work with non-alpine systems.... Although your life is 1000x easier lol

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got a quote from a local stereo shop for a 300 watt amp,10" sub and box and signal processor with 2 6x9 door speakers and 2 tweeters for the dash..$2600 installed...Just about popped my cork and said noooooo im broke i just bought this damn truck..I still walked out with $400 worth of speakers and tweeters...Nice diff but nothin to brag about..
THIS dsp would be a cats meow..

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What are you planning that cost 3k?
Still working on and deciding exactly what i want in the long run but its something like this.

2 of these $900ish.
http://www.arcaudio.com/c/subwoofers_black-series_black-10v2

One of these $700ish
http://www.arcaudio.com/p/ks600-2?pp=24

One of these for the speakers
http://www.arcaudio.com/p/ks-125-4-mini/amplifiers_ks-mini?pp=24
Not sure what speakers, looking at focal or hertz and this as a head unit maybe http://www.crutchfield.com/fg_300_F...awdv=m&awkw=kenwood+indash&awmt=p&awnw=g&pg=2

But im not 100% sure all what i want yet, but wouldnt mind a little better sound till i get to building it. But its not hard to stack up 3-5k in a high quality system.

OP
OP
A

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ARC stuff is way to expensive for my taste. I have no problem dropping coin on speakers and a processor, but amplifiers and woofers are a different story. It has been pretty much proven that anybody but top audiophiles (even though I still think it's placebo) that power is power in regards to amplifiers. I couldn't fathom dropping $900 on subwoofers either unless I was running a SPL system either. If you are not on DIYMA already I would suggest heading over there. I have no doubts you could exceed the quality you want for half that price.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Soooo... being a total noob/idiot to audio stuff. Does this work as a stand alone unit to upgrade the Alpine system, or is this just something that allows you to add other components to the system and be able to make adjustments?

From trying to read through some of the other threads on here, which thoroughly confuse me, adding a DSP by itself enables the sound to be tuned to receive better quality through the stock set up. Is that correct?

noupf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport 6'4 Bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
From my understanding this can be used as a stand alone to improve the Alpine.

i used to be a pretty handy car audio guy in my younger years, but i am not sure what this device is for.

Is it a way to get pre amp outs to add amps and there for be able to install your own speaker upgrades ( dash, front door, rear doors and a sub ) and be able to add separate amps for each?

By biggest complaint about the alpine system ( even after i upgarded the oem sub, two front dash and rear 6x9's, all with 2ohm speakers ) is that the stereo just doesnt get loud enough.

OP
OP
A

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i used to be a pretty handy car audio guy in my younger years, but i am not sure what this device is for.

Is it a way to get pre amp outs to add amps and there for be able to install your own speaker upgrades ( dash, front door, rear doors and a sub ) and be able to add separate amps for each?

By biggest complaint about the alpine system ( even after i upgarded the oem sub, two front dash and rear 6x9's, all with 2ohm speakers ) is that the stereo just doesnt get loud enough.

This device will do multiple functions. The primary reason a lot of us will want for is to get a clean signal directly from the radio instead of post-amp. This is a plug and play device with will give you 8 pre-outs.

It may be able to change source volume, but I am not sure if it will. I have noticed volume lacking on radio, while if I use my iPhone there is a good amount there.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ARC stuff is way to expensive for my taste. I have no problem dropping coin on speakers and a processor, but amplifiers and woofers are a different story. It has been pretty much proven that anybody but top audiophiles (even though I still think it's placebo) that power is power in regards to amplifiers. I couldn't fathom dropping $900 on subwoofers either unless I was running a SPL system either. If you are not on DIYMA already I would suggest heading over there. I have no doubts you could exceed the quality you want for half that price.
Its not just the quality of their product but their quality of business and standung behind their products.
I have not had many failures with their amps but when i have had issues they have had me ship it to them, they either fix it or replaced it no questions asked. I have dealt with many amp companies and they dont stand up to the quality of product or customer service when compaired to ARC. So with that im willing to spend more to deal with someone i know stands behind their product without the run around.
Everything ive bought from them in the past has always been direct not through a vendor

TonyMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 CC 6"4 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My car audio dealer is offering the following setting (in addition to he upgrade of all speaker and of the subwoofer which I did) for my Alpine Premium System:

- Replacing the factory amplifier with a 5 channel

- Installing an Audio Control LC7 to integrate with factory deck 5 channel amplifier install kit

- bass knob for Subwoofer control

What is the difference with using this "Rockford Fosgate DSR1 Digital Signal Processor" for example?

Last edited:

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Its not just the quality of their product but their quality of business and standung behind their products.
I have not had many failures with their amps but when i have had issues they have had me ship it to them, they either fix it or replaced it no questions asked. I have dealt with many amp companies and they dont stand up to the quality of product or customer service when compaired to ARC. So with that im willing to spend more to deal with someone i know stands behind their product without the run around.
Everything ive bought from them in the past has always been direct not through a vendor

I agree 100%
I have used ARC power (two KS300.4's, and KS1200.1) for years....GREAT amps. One of my 300.4's got wet, ARC sent me a new amp no questions asked...great customer service! Am also running their BLACK 12's....yes they are pricey, but they're are the most buttery smooth SQ subs I've heard in that price range....very musical subs, delicate, but can get rowdy if needed. When my 300.4 was out of commission, I swapped in a RF amp to run my front stage (same power level) and the difference was apparent.