This is it! Alpine owners re-joice!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Still working on and deciding exactly what i want in the long run but its something like this.

2 of these $900ish.
Subwoofers, Black Series, Black 10V2 | Arc Audio

One of these $700ish
KS600.2 | Arc Audio

One of these for the speakers
KS 125.4 MIni | Arc Audio
Not sure what speakers, looking at focal or hertz and this as a head unit maybe Find what fits your car - Crutchfield

But im not 100% sure all what i want yet, but wouldnt mind a little better sound till i get to building it. But its not hard to stack up 3-5k in a high quality system.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Amen brother, I spent just over 5k for my system back in 1991 but it was sweet to say the least. My 1990 Mustang GT sounded great, both the motor and the sound system and no I did not listen to crappy rap but rather good old rock ie AC/DC as a matter of fact the first cd I listened to was the new AC/DC cd which was Thunderstruck if memory serves me right. My memory is sliding so I could be wrong on the cd cover lol:favorites13: Oh good luck with your build, back in 1991 I did not know shiat about stereo systems so I had the owner of the sound shop custom design mine and if memory serves me right I had Boston Acoustic speakers, the subs (2x10) I don't even remember.

OP
OP
A

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My car audio dealer is offering the following setting (in addition to he upgrade of all speaker and of the subwoofer which I did) for my Alpine Premium System:

- Replacing the factory amplifier with a 5 channel

- Installing an Audio Control LC7 to integrate with factory deck 5 channel amplifier install kit

- bass knob for Subwoofer control

What is the difference with using this "Rockford Fosgate DSR1 Digital Signal Processor" for example?

You cannot "replace" the factory amplifier currently. The volume is controlled through Can-Bus. Essentially this piece will allow you replace the factory amplifier. Plus it provides extensive DSP capabilities that the LC7 doesn't.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
DAMN i knew there was something i was going to look at, at SEMA last week. i completely forgot about this when i was looking around the rockford booth.

TonyMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 CC 6"4 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You cannot "replace" the factory amplifier currently. The volume is controlled through Can-Bus. Essentially this piece will allow you replace the factory amplifier. Plus it provides extensive DSP capabilities that the LC7 doesn't.

Thanks for the explanation.

Maybe the car audio dealer didn't understand that it was a Alpine system, right?

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Grrrrr.... I was waiting on this to do my install as well.

Eased

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI
Would something like this work if you have the Kicker VSS SubStage?

57buick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L diesel
The factory radio sounds terrible once you listen to something else you realize the signals coming out of the stock head unit are bad. Some equalizer ranges come out at different levels than others. A DSP can mask it somewhat but not fix it completely.

57buick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L diesel
I installed a kenwood head unit alone and the sound difference was amazing. A lot punchier and cleaner sound. and that is still factory speakers.

That tells you the factory head unit is putting out some weird signals. A DSp tries to to counteract the bad signls but a audiophile will still not be happy until they replace the head unit

SixPoints_Kev

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie 2500 Mega Cab
Engine
6.7 CTD
Being that I don't know much about car audio, what exactly will this allow you to do? I have the Alpine system in my 2500 and can't stand the audio quality. Does this component allow you to make adjustments to the factory audio or just make it easier to bypass the Alpine system and connect an aftermarket amp? Guess I'm just looking for clarification on what this does.. Thanks.

OP
OP
A

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed a kenwood head unit alone and the sound difference was amazing. A lot punchier and cleaner sound. and that is still factory speakers.

That tells you the factory head unit is putting out some weird signals. A DSp tries to to counteract the bad signls but a audiophile will still not be happy until they replace the head unit

This unit gets the pure signal. The amp is what is putting out the weird signal, from my understanding it is full range from the HU in the Alpine system.

SixPoints_Kev

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie 2500 Mega Cab
Engine
6.7 CTD
From my understanding - both.

adrianp89 - Could I maybe get a little more clarification? If it allows for adjustments to the factory unit, how exactly would you do that? Manual adjustment, some kind of app, through the head unit??

Thanks

TonyMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 CC 6"4 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would also be interested to know more about it....how should it be installed in the basic setting w/o a separate amp? Just after the factory unit?
What if I would like to use an aftermarket amp? (Does the Alpine system has a separate amp actually?)

Last edited:

cdavisunlimited

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would also be interested to know more about it....how should it be installed in the basic setting w/o a separate amp? Just after the factory unit?
What if I would like to use an aftermarket amp? (Does the Alpine system has a separate amp actually?)

I see a fair amount of marketing jargon on their page, so I can't tell you everything it does.

For me though, the fact that it provides pre-outs, and does so before the factory amp(s) is the compelling reason to buy. Basically, it allows you to install aftermarket amps to hook to your aftermarket speakers/subs while getting the "rawest" signal possible.

If you've installed an aftermarket sub/amp in a vehicle with a factory head unit before, you know that you have to have a pre-amp converter that goes from your stock speaker wire to to the converter box then to your aftermarket amp inputs. This means that you're getting a signal to your aftermarket amp that is downstream of your sh*tty factory amp (i.e. horrible sound quality due to an inaccurate signal). This is generally fine for aftermarket subs if you're just trying to be loud, but if you want to replace all your speakers with a descent aftermarket amp, you're at the mercy of a downstream signal that may not be very accurate.

As previously stated by another member, the best option is to put in an aftermarket head unit, but this is the second best option.