Alpine Power Pack ( KTP-445U )

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caldwell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Anyone have experience with this little amp in their truck ????

Amp Specs 45 RMS x 4 channels

I love the bass output of the OEM HU paired with my ( After Market ) Alpine Speakers. My concern is if I add a New Alpine HU + Alpine Power Pack, im afraid my stereo is just going to be crystal clear and high pitched with no bass output what so ever ????

I do not want to put a sub in my truck at all......

should I just skip this idea, and just get an HU, then Dynamat my speakers to maintain decent bass output ?????

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I honestly don't know that you would notice the difference in sound. If it were me I'd get at least a 100x4 amp for not a whole lot more.lots of companies make them and since you alpine I know they make one.

OP
OP
Caldwell

Caldwell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I know these little units make a significant improvement. A friend of mine had one installed in his 10' F250 powering 5x7's in his doors, and they sounded extremely clear. Though at the same time of install he had a 200w RMS sub installed also so it didnt give me a clear answer i was looking for.

I want to improve my stereo, but dont want to have just loud high pitched sound. I want to retain the bass the OEM HU pushes my 6x9's with. hopefully that makes some sort of sense.

I dont want to have to be dependent on a SUB to provide bass out put with amp'ed speakers.

Last edited:

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
i dont see why it would cut the bass from the speakers. its just a mini amplifier. it would have to have a bass filter built into it for that to happen, which reading the specs on it says nothing about that.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If this little guy doesn't have a signal processor on it you should be fine. Just make sure you are getting full range signal to it when its wired up.

autobred

Reaction score
Ram Year
sold* 10' R/T..13' R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
that lil amp pretty much is just designed to be piggybacked to an alpine headunit. Where they usually are only 18 watt rms..and these will bump them up to 45 watt rms. Its great for what they are. I have one installed in a HD fairing for my motorcycle and really wakes up the alpine headunit, loud and clean....harnesses mate right up plugnplay, no other wires needed. Your run of mill Alpine headunits have the rms power bandwidth of 20h-20khz
So I don't think it will be the headunit and this lil amp will be lacking..if any its your door speakers natural roll off. Dynamat is always a good idea. GL man

Last edited:

Ramunit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have one, it makes a little noticeable difference but nothing too dramatic.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's still dirty power, like the "18w" per channel a deck makes, the "45w" is garbage power compared to an outboard amp. 1% THD @ rated power? Holy crap- literally!

OP
OP
Caldwell

Caldwell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
thanks for taking the time guys, to give me your opinions about my question !

If you guys think ill be able to accomplish my goal, as stated above. Then I think im going to make the move this month to get a new HU + KTP-445. Cant wait for my B-day to get here already lol

OP
OP
Caldwell

Caldwell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
It's still dirty power, like the "18w" per channel a deck makes, the "45w" is garbage power compared to an outboard amp. 1% THD @ rated power? Holy crap- literally!

I understand what your saying here, and I do agree. If I was planning on throwing subs in my truck, then I would absolutely be going with an external mounted amp with way better ratings. I personally have never been a fan of subs mounted under the seats, plus i like using my under seat storage space.

thats my reasoning for going low key on the audio in my truck, compared to my previous set up in my 05' ford explorer. had I decided to go nuts with this truck I would have been running a ( Kenwood Excelon XR-4S 4ch + XR-1S 1ch ) no doubt in my mind.

OP
OP
Caldwell

Caldwell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I just had another thought that i over looked, and dont know how i could have forgot.

Since we have a 6 speaker audio system, and the KTP-445U is only a 4 channel amp. Will only the doors be amp'd in this situation ? Or will the power be distributed across all 6 speakers, since this is a direct piggy back unit for any Alpine HU without additional wiring ?????