Alpine system but no subwoofer/amp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cascade

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 TRX4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So as the title suggests, my truck has the factory alpine system, but does not have the sub enclosure under the rear seat. I bought it used and figured great, I can use this for storage now. Now that I have a truck box though it sits empty and I would like to have alittle more bass.
Anyways, I looked around the area where it should be and I cant find any wires where the stock unit would hook up to. For those who have taken out the stock sub, where do the wires go? Pictures would be great.
I also have the fold flat floor and use it alot, so is the stock unit my only option? I would be perfectly fine with this if it is the case, and should be a simple plug and play once I find the wires.

(S.M.R) 101

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
5.7L HEMI
The wires for the stock sub should be coming out of a small slit in the carpet. It has a medium sized white connector on the end of the wires.

Check around the sidea of the inner floor bin to see if the previous owner pushed it back through that slit in the carpet. If you can't find it then might be safe to assume that the previous owner cut the connecting wire because maybe he had is own sub in there?

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Even if you do not have the OE sub, you still have an OE amp for all the other speakers. I highly doubt you have the OE wire harness for the OE sub. You'll have to rig your own.

OP
OP
Cascade

Cascade

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 TRX4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It was under my impression the alpine amp and sub were in the same plastic enclosure, the sub being under the rear passenger seat and the amp under the middle seat. Am I to take this as wrong then?
And would the slit be on the forward side of the box or rear side?

OP
OP
Cascade

Cascade

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 TRX4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well after poking around a bit, theres two "holes" on the inside of the box one is just a U cut flap on the door side inside the box and the other a notch near the top just before the center hump. I looked through each as best as I could with a flashlight but couldnt see any wires. Looks like those rivets are coming out now!

froy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 RAM SPORT
Engine
want do you have for a front seat. I was told that if you got the buckets and center concle then the amp and sub are under there.

(S.M.R) 101

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
5.7L HEMI
The stock Alpine amp is actually under the dash by the gas and break, Well on my 2500 that is where the stock amp is.

OP
OP
Cascade

Cascade

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 TRX4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
want do you have for a front seat. I was told that if you got the buckets and center concle then the amp and sub are under there.
I have the center console, but it's a quad cab so the sub goes under the rear seat.

The stock Alpine amp is actually under the dash by the gas and break, Well on my 2500 that is where the stock amp is.
Thanks for the info, Ill have to check up on this and see if thats true on mine also