Alternate AUX LED options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruiner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Backstory.

I've recently installed a Longhorn interior which includes the front and rear heated leather seats, and cooled front seats. I went to a dealership to get the sales codes turned on so that I can use the factory AUX switches for those functions. I had to supply the VIN of the donor truck to use as a blueprint. All said and done, it was a no go. They couldn't program the codes into my system without causing issues on my BCM and TIPM. Go figure.

I found out that the buttons for the heated and cooled seats actually work afterall, it's only just that the LEDs won't light up on the AUX switchbank.

My question is, how could I throw in an inline LED light to show that the power is on for those switches, and to distinguish from the high/low settings, if possible. Is it a voltage difference or am I going to just have to forget about that part.

I thought about a small bank of LED wired inline behind and has four red, four green, and two orange to signify the power to the seats, fans, and steering wheel.

Has anyone done something or anything to this concept?

Thanks for any suggestions and help.

JRust

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I'll be watching this thread. I'd like to do the same upgrade with my seats. My stock tradesman seats suck. Took my 3 months to figure out my back pain was from my seat. Added an aftermarket lumbar which fixed the problem. Still I'd like to find some upgraded leather ones. Have had zero luck finding a set locally though. Good luck with getting those LED's working.

OP
OP
Ruiner

Ruiner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
An update,

The closest I've gotten so far is being told to replace the TIPM.

Once I find a longhorn donor truck, I'll be replacing it.

Once I find one and replace, I'll update again. May take awhile, Longhorns aren't found too often at a wrecker.

mpicc84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I couldn't imagine what a entire interior swap would cost, even from a yard. being that a console and 8.4 swap is over a grand...

OP
OP
Ruiner

Ruiner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I couldn't imagine what a entire interior swap would cost, even from a yard. being that a console and 8.4 swap is over a grand...

Seats, console, door panels, the only thing I couldn't swap was the upper dash leather because of a huge gouge in it.

And I still have the radio to get rid of as I already had the exact same one, along with the original seats, So I'll recoup some of my costs.