Ambient air sensor wont read at all.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2014V6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bought a 2014 ram 2door v6 2wd and it was r title, so wrecked and rebuilt. It has manual windows, locks and mirrors. When i bought it there was a code p0071 and thermometer on dash read -15 always. There was no ambient air sensor in the mirror at all and the used dealer said he bought wrong mirror with no sensor. I bought the truck like that planning on slapping on a mirror and it be good. So i put on the new mirror that has the ambient air sensor and plug the wire coming out of mirror into the plug in the door. But.... Still reads -15 and still has the code.... No change. I tried searching for loose wires and tried unplugging the battery completly and then hooking it back up with no luck. I just want to get rid of this stupid error light on the dash. Is there something im doing wrong? Does it require clearing the code with an obd tool. Does it require a dealer computer to reset something first for it to work. Any help advice please. No warranty because its r title.

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Yes it'll require a flash to the Pcm to communicate to the mirror sensor module.
Depending on where you live, a reputable shop can do it if they have the correct obd scanner, they should. And it's way cheaper than the stealerships charge. For a reprogram at stealerships=150&, private shop=50$, hope this helps dude, good luck n let us know.

OP
OP

2014V6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Alrite, could i buy an obd tool and do it myself?

csuder99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Highly unlikely it requires any software changes. I swapped my mirrors and it needed nothing. What part number is the mirror you put in ?
I'd rather guess the door was replaced or worked on as part of the repair. Double check all the wiring in the door and into the vehicle. Also, if they used an older MY door from a junkyard it might lack some of the wiring.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think it should just be plug n play... someone else on here had the wrong mirror on their truck and when they put the correct one back on it started working correctly again...