Amp comes on when I open/close doors?? Ignition off - HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TNhemi12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I got a new amp and it solved some of the problems I was having, but the amp doesn't cutoff like it should. It will go off but come back on with the ignition off. And it can be off and when I open the door, the power comes on. Please tell me what to do. I have drilled a whole in the floorboard and grinded the paint off to connect the ground wire. I'm desperate for help!

OP
OP
TNhemi12

TNhemi12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To my PAC AOEM CHR3, it has a remote wire to connect to.

swamp_life hemi 05

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I don't have an aftermarket radio, I run my remote to a fuse in the fuse box to one that only comes on when the key is on. You might want to try that.

Droid Incredible 2 on the move!!!

OP
OP
TNhemi12

TNhemi12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
AND on top of all that, one of my speakers is giving feedback. So either there is something wrong with PAC harness and possibly my RCA cables (well 1 of the 4).

OP
OP
TNhemi12

TNhemi12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like the pac to me

I definitely think something is screwy with the PAC but I determined this morning that when I listen to satellite radio, the clicking from the 1 speaker goes away but comes back when I play the radio. Could that be a PAC issue or the shielding on 1 of the RCA cables that's near the HU?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
it sounds like the pac is getting the 12v for the remote wire from the wrong place

Rumblebee#2331

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
sounds like the pac is running off the wrong 12v source, I would call them and tell them, and side note just ordered one yesterday, hope I dont get this too.( nevermind I think my lockpick comes with 12v ignition only power that I can use instead)

OP
OP
TNhemi12

TNhemi12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Frustration got the best of me - never got a response from PAC, pulled off the harness, RCA Cables, and Amp and shipped them all back today. At least next week I will hopefully get my refunds so I can start a new mod....

S

scotts2012ram

If you need a switch hot aging for a amp I found one today when putting my amp in under the drives seat there are 4 plugs. Get the big gray plug look for the blue wire w/pink strip

chipmaker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
my amp comes on when the door opens also. i don't see it as an issue... was the same w/ my Silverado.

Last edited: