Amp Mounting Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The shop that did my install used construction adhesive to mount MDF to the back wall then mounted all the amps and stuff to that.

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
You can make simple brackets out of perforated flat stock say 3/16" would be plenty strong

Then mount to seat bolts , where are you getting your signal from ?

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Kinda like trout said, I would take MDF and spray with bedliner or some kind of protective coat (from water) and place MDF betweem your sound cancelling materials, and the factory carpet. Lay factory carpet over the MDF and then screw the amp down through the carpet into the treated MDF. It won't go anywhere. Protective coating on MDF is to keep wood protected from moisure if carpet/floor where to ever get wet.

OP
OP
S0CAL

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
MDF under the carpet, screw into it through the amp and carpet. Might work?

worried it may swim around or get dislodged (ripped). I think I am going to pull away the 1/2 Dynaliner, and Dynamat on the back wall, and mount it there with Liquid Nails unless I can find a seltbelt bolt I can potentially use. I will post pics with the finished result. (Gotta finish my driver door Dynamat and Dynaliner first!).

OP
OP
S0CAL

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Kinda like trout said, I would take MDF and spray with bedliner or some kind of protective coat (from water) and place MDF betweem your sound cancelling materials, and the factory carpet. Lay factory carpet over the MDF and then screw the amp down through the carpet into the treated MDF. It won't go anywhere. Protective coating on MDF is to keep wood protected from moisure if carpet/floor where to ever get wet.

The challenge is as much clearance as it is adhesion. Despite the small footprint, I may need to go to 1/4 MDF. Great ideas guys. Thanks!

OP
OP
S0CAL

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
The shop that did my install used construction adhesive to mount MDF to the back wall then mounted all the amps and stuff to that.

This is exactly what I did. 1/2 in MDF, liquid nails, braced it over night. I cut away the dynaliner, dynamat and the factory insulation... boom. Fits so nicely. Thanks! :favorites13:

OP
OP
S0CAL

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Imgot my Stelathbox powered: beastmode. May do a different thread when the 16 ga speaker is all ran. Not looking forward to fishing the through the door boots.

OP
OP
S0CAL

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Here is the link to the 16ga speaker wire re-run to doors. No cutting of the wiring harness required.

Last edited:

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
There is a velcro strap for like $5 at home depot with both textures on one piece. Cut strips long enough to encircle the amp in a couple different directions. Then take another long piece and connect all that to the seat brackets. No drilling.

OP
OP
S0CAL

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
There is a velcro strap for like $5 at home depot with both textures on one piece. Cut strips long enough to encircle the amp in a couple different directions. Then take another long piece and connect all that to the seat brackets. No drilling.

Tried it. The pic above has the H Depot velcro. It just didn't grab the carpet for me. I instead mounted it to a 1/2in MDF block of wood and then used liquid nails and stuck it to the back wall. Works perfectly and I don't have to worry about anyone kicking it under a seat. :naughty:

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Tried it. The pic above has the H Depot velcro. It just didn't grab the carpet for me. I instead mounted it to a 1/2in MDF block of wood and then used liquid nails and stuck it to the back wall. Works perfectly and I don't have to worry about anyone kicking it under a seat. :naughty:

Or a spilled Big Gulp (don't ask me how I know).

moregrip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
NO pics? sounds like she's coming along nicely!!

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
I didn't mean to try and stick it to the carpet. I looped it around the amp then used a couple more strips to stick to the ones around the amp then loop around the seat base.

OP
OP
S0CAL

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Here's what I ended up doing and it is working well. Pardon the wiring mess, still cleaning it up.

Attachments

• amp_backwall.jpg
    amp_backwall.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 33