Amp rca hook up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

57Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello everyone, this is my first post here so bear with me please. I have a 2016 laramie with alpine system/subwoofer. I'm looking to hook up aftermarket amp and subwoofers. My question is were do i get signal for my LOC for amp rca hook up? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Best way IMO is the wires that go into the factory subwoofer.

OP
OP
57Hemi

57Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The LOC has 4 speaker wires would i just use 2 or all 4 of them?

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
All four. There should be a left ch +/- and a right ch +/-

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bear in mind that the factory Alpine sub does not get a full range sub signal. I believe it has a high pass filter on that channel. Therefore your aftermarket sub will not perform as well as it could. Read some other threads about people with the Alpine system for verification.

The best thing to use is the PAC Amp Pro unit. That will give you a clean, full range signal that can be fed to either an amp or a DSP.

TomT

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
Bear in mind that the factory Alpine sub does not get a full range sub signal. I believe it has a high pass filter on that channel. Therefore your aftermarket sub will not perform as well as it could. Read some other threads about people with the Alpine system for verification.

The best thing to use is the PAC Amp Pro unit. That will give you a clean, full range signal that can be fed to either an amp or a DSP.

TomT

One of the reasons I always recommend using a AC LC2i for a sub amp on the factory Alpine system. I tried an el'cheapo LOC and it just sounded like garbage. The active AC LC2i improved sound quality significantly. The AMP Pro 4 is $300 while the AC LC2i is like $65. If you're going to amp all of your speakers the PAC unit makes sense, otherwise just get the LC2i for sub range, save some money and be done with it.

OP
OP
57Hemi

57Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the input, since i do plan on amplifing door speakers as well i guess the PAC amp pro would be a better option.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you’re planning to do that then the PAC is definitely a good choice. I’m very happy with mine.