Amp and Sub advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
Ok just wanted to ask this to get some opions as far as the type of amp and subs you guys use I've always used pioneer amps but wanted to see what guys suggest as far as quality, sound,heat etc etc. Also what you think about these subs since us regular cab guys don't have a lot or room to work with.
Shallow Mount | Pioneer Electronics USA

Seen guys replace there center area with a sub ya I'm not about that. My set up will be this 2 10'' subs 4 6x9's in the doors and the 3x5's in the dash i have the sony head unit (never been a big fan of sony amps)What I'm looking for is something to make the subs hit hard (not earth shattering ) do u suggest 1 or 2 mono amps and what would you suggest for door speakers once again always went with pioneer but if you guys have better suggestions tell me and also tell me why, and suggestions on amps for the 6x9's and 3x5

Thank you in advance oh all my wire will be monster brand and I've got a capacitor for the sub's and all the diverters and splitters already.

myoung84

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I did a lot of research on subs and amps before I bought mine last year and I chose Alpine and have been very happy. I am running a MRP-M500 mono sub amp, Type R 10 Sub, and MRP-F300 4 channel amp for the doors.

And don't waste your money on Monster wiring, it's way over priced. I used a Stinger amp wire kit that I got for about $60. It's just as good as Monster and was a lot cheaper. Also, capacitors don't work, I'd leave it out and use it as a paper weight...

OP
OP
blackout11

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
I did a lot of research on subs and amps before I bought mine last year and I chose Alpine and have been very happy. I am running a MRP-M500 mono sub amp, Type R 10 Sub, and MRP-F300 4 channel amp for the doors.

And don't waste your money on Monster wiring, it's way over priced. I used a Stinger amp wire kit that I got for about $60. It's just as good as Monster and was a lot cheaper. Also, capacitors don't work, I'd leave it out and use it as a paper weight...

Oh i agree but i have a friend that works at a electronics store so i get well he gets a 35 percent discount.

OP
OP
blackout11

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
I had a capacitor in my mustang it stopped the lights from dimming when the subs hit well its the same one so i did not spend extra on it.

jhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
capacitors do work if used for what they are intended for, as far as amps, go to ebay order a volfenhag zx8400, its a 2000 watt 2channel amp for around 150 shipped i use one in our car had it for 6 years no problems and pushes out some power, and draws low current our car lights dont dim at all its pretty much the only thing they made that is worth a damn

OP
OP
blackout11

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
capacitors do work if used for what they are intended for, as far as amps, go to ebay order a volfenhag zx8400, its a 2000 watt 2channel amp for around 150 shipped i use one in our car had it for 6 years no problems and pushes out some power, and draws low current our car lights dont dim at all its pretty much the only thing they made that is worth a damn

Is that just for the subs.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
i have always been a fan of kicker subs. My favorite amp was an old school soundstream reference 500S. In my 05 i had a kicker amp and it worked very well pushing my JL Audio sub.

I'm not a huge fan of shallow mounts subs. There is enough room back there that you can make a box for regular subs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2023RamWarlock