Android LG LGL62VL phone won't bluetooth connect

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maillemaker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had an Iphone 5 which bluetooth connected to my 2016 Ram 1500 fine, but now I have replaced it with an LG Premier LGL62VL and when I go into pairing my phone searches but does not find anything to connect to.

Any ideas?

Steve

bhonshell37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Was the connection to the IPhone automatic or did you have to select manually?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
the software of the head unit may be outdated or its not meant to work with the newer androids software yet. check to see what software your head unit is on and see if there is an update.

there are posts all over on here that tell you how to do that.

OP
OP
M

maillemaker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The android phone is pretty new, but it is supposed to be backwards compatible with all previous bluetooths. The phone is bluetooth 4.1.

Steve

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
Might be a setting in the phone to make visible or something in the head unit to search for a device. I'm sure you've tried that but just in case. Also maybe unpair the iPhone. Maybe you can only have one device in there.

OP
OP
M

maillemaker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got it to work.

I don't know if I had reached the maximum number of devices in the truck uconnect, or if it was confused because the old phone and the new phone have the same phone number but were different phones.

Anyway, in Uconnect, I deleted my old phone (and ipod, for that matter), and then I was able to pair my new LG Android phone without problems.

I'm not entirely convinced that deleting the old phones is what made it work, but anyway, there it is.

Steve