Antena options...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

king99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I feel like ever since I installed my lock pick my reception has not been as crisp. I'd like a black antena instead of the silver stocker but I also want something that gets better than stock reception. I would like one a bit shorter but not one of those thick stubby ones. (i guess you could throw in a "thats what she said")... ha, sorry! Anyone install aftermarket and get better reception?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
i doubt anything shorter will result in better reception.

OP
OP
K

king99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No i am not sure it is the lock pick. Just seems to suck since it was installed. Is your 13" stubby (ok this is getting weird) thin or thick? Hard to tell in pic.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
No i am not sure it is the lock pick. Just seems to suck since it was installed. Is your 13" stubby (ok this is getting weird) thin or thick? Hard to tell in pic.

just say it - you want to know how thick the shaft is :roflsquared:

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
lol

5.7Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i have the stubby , and there no problems.

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
I don't know anyhting about the "lockpick" thing, but is it possible that during install, the antenna wire in the cab got routed a little differently than it was?

Something as simple as zip tying it to or near a non-insulated piece of metal, or to something that creates a magnetic field (any wire that carries electricity) can caue frequency inerference. Even removing an existing zip tie so that is hangs differently...

Maybe not useful, but that's all I have lol

OP
OP
K

king99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't know anyhting about the "lockpick" thing, but is it possible that during install, the antenna wire in the cab got routed a little differently than it was?

Something as simple as zip tying it to or near a non-insulated piece of metal, or to something that creates a magnetic field (any wire that carries electricity) can caue frequency inerference. Even removing an existing zip tie so that is hangs differently...

Maybe not useful, but that's all I have lol

Makes sense. I'm gonna be installing a front cam so I'll be opening all that up. I'll have to check and make sure it's routed properly.

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Let me guess: not the size of the ship, it's the motion of the ocean.. right?

Probably the claim most of us make considering we all drive trucks...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45