Anyone have a factory CD player in their newer RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HaydenHunter

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
HEMI
Well, I might be the only guy that still plays CDs now and again. There is still an option for a CD player on the RAM but my questions are:

Do any of you have one?
Is it in the console or in the dash?
How much console space does it take up (if there)?
Can you put one in an extended (full) console...the one that comes with the bucket seat / console option?

When my wife and I bought our 2014 Grand Cherokee the CD player option would have taken up much of the available room in the center console, so we opted against it. I still may put one into my RAM build depending on answers I get here.

Thanks in advance for replies.

et todd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
it would be in the bottom of either console.i added one to my 2015.three ways to go.buy a cd console base new it comes with the cd player. a factory harness and then have the dealer add the sales code cost about 500.00 total but is factory.2 get the add on kit from infotainment .com again.about 500.00 or they may take 400.00 on best offer on ebay.3 buy the harness a used cd player fab some mounts and have the dealer flash about 250.00.or 4 buy a complete cd console used have dealer flash then sale the console you have out 50.00 to 100.00.or 5 buy a 20.00 cd player from best buy and use the aux port.i may go the 5 option thks time.

Damion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My '16 sport has factory cd. It's in the lower centre console and don't take up much room as it's "standing " up. Haven't used it yet though.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I have the CD player in the center console with bucket seats also. It stands up against the passenger side of the console, about 2"x 6".
If you have the media USB/SD port(s) in the upper part of the console, you would be farther ahead to rip your CDs to MP3 files. Then there is no fussing with discs. Windows and Apple media players will rip your CDs to MP3 files, there are plenty of videos on YouTube on how to.

mdifilippo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Have one in my 17' laramie, it's vertical in the center console. Probably will never use it. The center console "insert" is molded around it, take up some room but not a ton.

Mineralram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
had one in my 2015 never used it so made sure my 2017 did not have it....This day and age a CD player is like a cassette deck practically obsolete.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
I was disappointed my truck didn't have a CD player. Ended up loading an old iPod with some of my favorite albums, and I leave it connected always to the USB port. I prefer this to cd's now because of the ability to browse my iPod via uconnect controls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NOcasio7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
At first i was apprehensive about not having a cd player and now I dont think I really ever need one. Even my laptop doesnt have a cd player.

hoe...

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got one in the console of my 2015 crew cab laramie. I can't believe it hasn't got a DVD player at least, should be a blue ray.
I've never used it, don't own any cds.

Sent from my LON-L29 using Tapatalk

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
had one in my 2015 never used it so made sure my 2017 did not have it....This day and age a CD player is like a cassette deck practically obsolete.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Except, my 2012 has a 30 GB hard drive in the 430 head-unit. I find copying a CD while listening to it is a lot easier than trying to load music from a thumb drive, or waiting forever for the iPod to spin-up or the Bluetooth to recognize my phone.

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
When I did the center console add in My Express, I made sure it had the CD player. I still have to get the sales code added. It's just neat to have it there.