Anyway to disconnect the Uconnect 8.4 from uploading information for VHR?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nortac1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Relativity a new Ram owner. First off I haven't been please with the Uconnect system at all. But the final straw was when I had a flat. I repaired the flat and rolled on....next day I get an idiotic email saying my tire was low on air.....then an email warning me my tire was flat.....I mean really?!?
I'd like to disconnect the cellular from the system. Anyone have an idea how? I tried pulling the fuse for the Uconnect...worked awesome but also killed the air conditioner..LOL

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Relativity a new Ram owner. First off I haven't been please with the Uconnect system at all. But the final straw was when I had a flat. I repaired the flat and rolled on....next day I get an idiotic email saying my tire was low on air.....then an email warning me my tire was flat.....I mean really?!?
I'd like to disconnect the cellular from the system. Anyone have an idea how? I tried pulling the fuse for the Uconnect...worked awesome but also killed the air conditioner..LOL

Press the call button and talk to them, and ask them to stop sending notifications and you want to disconnect the trial/service.

OP
OP
N

nortac1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Press the call button and talk to them, and ask them to stop sending notifications and you want to disconnect the trial/service.

I want a little more than that. I want to disconnect the cellular so no information is sent up stream. No one needs to know if my tire is low on pressure or flat other than me. And obviously I would know that.

RamGirl76

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
what does the u-connect system have to do with you getting a flat? it didn't cause the flat :)
I just ask as if there is one thing I have learned is patience. LIke when you get an NSF fee at your bank, I am sure we all have at one time in our life and they send you a letter 2-3 days later? like wtf? you could have bounced stuff for 3 days! so getting an email a day late from U-Connect? if you didnt drive the truck every day you might appreciate that email more.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
if you login to the uconnect system you can opt out of all emails and warning for your truck.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L

Jared4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Bighorn CC
Engine
You can get a antenna bypass plug to prevent that. Infortainment sells them as well as many other DIY's on how to make them,

The dummy plug will still let the radio connect to Sprint.

OP
OP
N

nortac1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I tried a few different dummy plugs and each still showed 3G connection on my radio.

Something else is the issue then. The dummy plug would not create a connection for the cellular. Is it possible the cellular signal is receiving but not transmitting? That would explain why you see the 3G.

Jared4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Bighorn CC
Engine
Something else is the issue then. The dummy plug would not create a connection for the cellular. Is it possible the cellular signal is receiving but not transmitting? That would explain why you see the 3G.

Oh, it worked alright. The Yelp app and a few others would work with the dummy plug and the apps need cellular data at the radio!

Tiny Thompson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I tried calling Sprint to deactivate the MEID/ESN numbers. Worse than no help. They had no idea what I was talking about. Contacted the manufacturer, Harmon/Kardon. Customer service is worse than FCA. Next step is surgery on the head unit. That damn modem module WILL come out. One way or the other.