Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums > Dodge Ram Generations Forum > 4th Gen : 2009 - Present > Audio & Electronics

Audio & Electronics

Audio Upgrade & Modification Basics!

This is a discussion on Audio Upgrade & Modification Basics! within the Audio & Electronics forums, part of the 4th Gen : 2009 - Present category!
If you have an aftermarket deck, you would want to run the camera to an accessory power source. You can ...

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2014, 01:38 PM   #21 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2012
Engine: 5.7 Hemi
If you have an aftermarket deck, you would want to run the camera to an accessory power source. You can get this right at the deck since you need to run the video from the camera there also. The camera would not need a reverse wire signal. Only the Pioneer deck.

Sponsored Ad
Register to remove this ad.
kwend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:38 PM   #22 (permalink)
Banned

Ram Year: 2013
Engine: Hemi
My aftermarket deck has an input for the backup camera that is a simple RCA plug. The deck automatically knows when you are in reverse... through the wiring harness, and switches to that input for the signal. Then when you go to drive, the input changes back to the DVD or radio.
frascona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 12:21 PM   #23 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2014
Engine: 5.7
Ideally you wouldn't want to run an amp at 1 ohm, that is just making the amp work harder. This will potentially send the amp into protect/overheat or shorten the life of the amplifier. You would want to purchase the amp that has the power you want in higher resistances such as 2 or 4 ohms....is going to sound better, run longer and give less problems
jgruberman likes this.
Bkhsvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 08:39 AM   #24 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2011
I would agree if it is an amp not built to run down to 1ohm but if you have one that has been built it is just fine to run it that low. The biggest thing is to have upgraded electricals to handle the larger amprage draw.

Quote DavidRam- "They'd look cool sitting on my TV stand... Bang & Olufson designers can kiss my ass!"
Etroze86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:08 PM   #25 (permalink)

This isn't a topic that is about numbers on a box, or upgrading your "electricals" there's a lot of things one can do, but doesn't mean it's best, you could run 87 octane on your 91 octane tune with your diablo intune. It would prob not run as good tho right? But hey, this Murcia people do a lot of weird stuff, I'll stick to ohms law and what I've been taught, keeps people from coming back to my shop with audio problems and dead amps or burned down trucks.
Dubsport and ShortCourse like this.

Bkhsvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:23 PM   #26 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2011
Ah speaking from a business point of view you are right but I for one have never seen dead amps, burnt up trucks or audio problems by keeping it within specs that come from the side of that box or installed properly(not saying you or your shop doesn't install properly just saying from a DIY point of view). Look at it this way if you are going to play big and wire that low you would absolutely have to upgrade electricals to support this and it will keep your amps alive just as long as if wired to 4 or 2 ohms as long as the amp is made for that low.
Not an argument and not saying I know more but I do know with people doing things themsleves on a forum giving them proper information rather than don't do it is a bigger help. You said it, this is Murcia and people will do what they want. Most will shoot for the big numbers on the side of the amp box.
crazykid1994 likes this.

Quote DavidRam- "They'd look cool sitting on my TV stand... Bang & Olufson designers can kiss my ass!"
Etroze86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 11:01 AM   #27 (permalink)

I have a base audio system with the RA2 and i cant seem to get the LOC to send signal, I tapped into the LOC wire and ran speaker wire the the high level inputs on the amp and it works so i know the LOC is connected to the right wires and those wire are sending signal to the LOC, Any ideas on this one. I know the sound wont be much different but i spent to much time running and hiding wires to start over. but i may have no choice.
kohj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 09:48 PM   #28 (permalink)

Engine: Hemi 5.7
That's a badass looking truck David. I need those black rims!

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
ramdude916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 09:49 PM   #29 (permalink)

ramdude916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 10:09 PM   #30 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2012 RCSB
Originally Posted by ramdude916 View Post
That's a badass looking truck David. I need those black rims!

Originally Posted by ramdude916 View Post

Whoa, that was weird.

Magnaflow 16869/ QTP Cutout - JBA headers - VaraRam AirGrabber - Hemifever tune - 180 tstat - BT catch can - Moe's 87mm TB - 4.10s LSD - Belltech 2/4 drop w/ QA1 shocks - Hellwig swaybars front/back - Sphon adj. panhard & up/low control arms - EBC rotors & pads - Audio: BMmkIV 12" Subs (2), H.A.T. L1Pro Tweeters & L3 Pro Mids & Dynaudio MW162 Woofers, Arc XDi 1200.6 & Skar SK1200.1d, PPI Deq8 DSP - www.moes-performance.com
DavidRam is offline   Reply With Quote