Auto Up and Down Drivers Window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dedogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Drivers window stopped going up with the one touch. It still goes down with the one touch and the passenger window goes up and down with the one touch. Anyone else experiencing this???? I know its under warranty and I can take it in but if I can do a quick fix myself vice going and sitting at the dealership just for them to say come back we have to order a part that is what I would like to do.

My 03 Cummings had a problem with the rear window switches not rolling the windows up and down and all I had to do was solder some spots on the main circuit board and presto all the switches worked.

jsl6v8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 HFE RCSB
Engine
3.6L V6 And proud.
oh, mine doesn't go up with one touch, I assumed it was some safety feature, you know keep a kid or a dog from strangling itself to death.

20hemi10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Needs to be relearned. Get in the truck, shut doors, with windows already in the up position, At the drivers main switch, hold the LF and RF window switch down till the windows bottom out then count to 3 seconds then hold both in the up position till it reaches the top then count to 3 seconds again. That should do the trick.

20hemi10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Hopefully this isn't too confusing either.

OP
OP
D

dedogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
that was it. thanks for the help.

smarsmar101

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's threads like this that make this forum AMAZING!!!!.... So much info on here to help ram owners out and I'm so glad i'm a part of it.

OP
OP
D

dedogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
you are correct. this is by far the best forum I have been on. The last one I was apart of went down hill over the past few years. You would get 100 views and not one response. usually 1 out of 3 response would be a smart @ss remark. Glad I found this place.

jagr200

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
you are correct. this is by far the best forum I have been on. The last one I was apart of went down hill over the past few years. You would get 100 views and not one response. usually 1 out of 3 response would be a smart @ss remark. Glad I found this place.

Does that other place end with a Z? I was a member there for 3 days and got banned for using Adblocker. I used it because they have like 5,000 ads on every damn page!

The Unabomber

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 R/T
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Does that other place end with a Z? I was a member there for 3 days and got banned for using Adblocker. I used it because they have like 5,000 ads on every damn page!

Lol, how did they know you had an ad blocker?

PTCTreeGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
none, why can't
Engine
these be blank
I was thinking the 'Talk about Dodge Ram' one, seems to be an ego stroke contest and has seriously hurt the chances of me getting a Ram.

Well that and the LARGE number of Ram tailgaters and lane weavers in Atlanta, I've learned the headlights in my mirrors and just about know they will run up my ass to intimidate me. Hard to do to a guy in a mid-90s 2500 Suburban though

OP
OP
D

dedogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

No it wasn't, replace ram with dodge and that would be the one.

jagr200

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol, how did they know you had an ad blocker?

Apparently they have something setup to disable literally all your functions if you don't see or click out of certain items. I dunno. But all the sudden I couldn't do ANYTHING. I messaged a mod and they were like "You are using adblocker aren't you?" When I said yes the response was "We don't like that around here." and I was banned.

The Crow 1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L w/8 Speed Trans.
Apparently they have something setup to disable literally all your functions if you don't see or click out of certain items. I dunno. But all the sudden I couldn't do ANYTHING. I messaged a mod and they were like "You are using adblocker aren't you?" When I said yes the response was "We don't like that around here." and I was banned.

For some reason it takes my computer FOREVER for the pages to load and, when they do, half the time my computer wants me to "kill the pages". :wtf2:

O.R.T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Needs to be relearned. Get in the truck, shut doors, with windows already in the up position, At the drivers main switch, hold the LF and RF window switch down till the windows bottom out then count to 3 seconds then hold both in the up position till it reaches the top then count to 3 seconds again. That should do the trick.

^That. Reason being is the window's controls have a safety in them. If they detect too much resistance, say like the amount of force a kid's finger would cause, or say you bump the glass with your elbow accidentally it shuts down the full up portion. All it needs is to relearn via the 3 second trick. Same for Subaru's as well as a couple other makes.

sausec17

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
dang I was excited, but the trick doesn't work on my '12...

smykowski

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 SLT
Engine
6.7L Cummins

I know this is an old post but it absolutely works. Just did it on my 2010 this morning. Driver's window would auto-down but not auto-up as of yesterday (you'd be surprised how annoying this actually is, once you've gotten used to 1-touch window operation), followed the instructions above, works fine again. Saved me time, and quite honestly probably saved my door from 'the wrath'...

thirstybob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
This worked! This is an awesome site. Thank you!!