Auto Up and Down Drivers Window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kuestick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
Possibly???

Could having in channel wind deflectors have anything to do with the system losing its "Auto Up" programming. Such as the window hits the deflector at the top of its travel now and then?
Thanks

tylerlewis_89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I'm having similar problem I have a 2011 with both front windows auto up and down a couple months ago my driver side window started acting up and now it will only go down with the auto u can't just hold befor the detent auto up works fine and go up I guess u can say manual part where u hold it up works.
Would this 3 second thing work to maybe fix this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reapur

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Thanks.
All of a sudden om my 2015 EcoD, Driver's window wouldn't do the auto up.
This fixed it right up.

Many Thanks.

Needs to be relearned. Get in the truck, shut doors, with windows already in the up position, At the drivers main switch, hold the LF and RF window switch down till the windows bottom out then count to 3 seconds then hold both in the up position till it reaches the top then count to 3 seconds again. That should do the trick.

meedom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yep, awesome fix, saved me from possibly buying a replacement control box just to avoid the dealership...

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
My 2013 windows say auto on the switches and they both auto down but neither auto up. I tried the 3 second thing several times and it is not working. Are they all supposed to be both up and down or are some just down only? If mine are supposed to work both ways would replacing the switches be the fix?

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
My 2013 windows say auto on the switches and they both auto down but neither auto up. I tried the 3 second thing several times and it is not working. Are they all supposed to be both up and down or are some just down only? If mine are supposed to work both ways would replacing the switches be the fix?

Regular cab? The RC doesn't have auto up.

WiSH2oo0

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4wd RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Boooo.. It didn't work on my RCSB .

bretttn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
This older post just made my life better. Amazing! 3 second relearn worked perfectly. Love this forum old and new.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Domino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel
Thank You!

This older post just solved my issue with the 3 second relearn. Worked perfectly on my 2016 RAM Crew.

:)

oldstyle17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Well thanks to this post I don’t have to make a trip to the dealership!! Thanks all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surhammer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 6.7
2016 drivers window auto up stopped working

My auto up stopped working too yesterday. I'll try the reset trick and see if it works. Thanks for the help! Glad I found this forum. Looking forward to using it.

Surhammer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 6.7
It worked! Working fine now. Good to know the re learn trick. I wonder what causes the problem?

Surhammer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 6.7
Auto up down re learn

Glad that worked. I saw in an earlier post that it may be caused by bumping or jarring the window on its way up, as might be the case if a child's hand or arm or finger were caught in the window as a safety feature. Makes sense.
But... I have another question? Has anyone experienced an issue with their window when it is going up in the auto up mode, then stopping and going back down by itself? I live up a bumpy dirt road, and mine occasionally will do that. Any ideas? Anyone else have this happen?

Surhammer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 6.7
Needs to be relearned. Get in the truck, shut doors, with windows already in the up position, At the drivers main switch, hold the LF and RF window switch down till the windows bottom out then count to 3 seconds then hold both in the up position till it reaches the top then count to 3 seconds again. That should do the trick.
Thanks!

sylwoody

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummings

tried this on my 2015 last night and it worked! so I joined the Ramforum

wgreggking

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4x4 offroad
Engine
Wow! I was having an issue with being able to adjust my window to about 1/2" open, could not get it much less than an inch, did the relearn now it works!

opie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Man... Bumping this up with a dealer story...

This marks the 3rd time Ive had the drivers window stop auto upping... The first 2 times were under the 3/36 warranty so there was no conflict...

Scheduled to drop the truck off to have 3 recalls done and when the SA lowered the drivers window I said... Oh Yeah... Thats stopped auto upping, again. He says, because I am out of warranty that there will be a $115 diagnostic fee to determine the problem.... I said.... WHOA.... No, this is an issue that has presented itself while under warranty and there is NO WAY IN HELL I'm paying to fix a problem that seems to be a recurring issue.... He said he'll talk to the SM and I left the truck there.

Get a call about an hour later and says there are no mechanical issues, the window needs to be re-calibrated and that will be $63.... I'm thinking to myself.... Are you guys really hell bent on losing customers? This is the same dealership that had me make an appointment to have some mechanical and body work done but forgot to schedule the body shop time so they had my truck for 3 days. This is also the same dealership that KNEW I was coming in today to have the recalls done and one of them is the transmission solenoid work.... But didn't have the parts. They had to order them.... Appointment has been scheduled for 2 weeks.

But I digress... SA goes and I guess talks to SM and tells me they will re-calibrate the window as a good faith service this one time....

I cant wait to see the look on his face when I ask him how they can ethically charge someone $63 to hold the window switch for 3 seconds it either end of its travel.... Never mind just tell the customer how they can do it given it takes less than 1 minute....

At least know I know how to do it myself...

opie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Needless to say.. Once the transmission work is completed, I will find a new service department.