Back up Camerea installed :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Dropped my truck off at 7:45 am for the install and got a call back around 10:30 all done :) Install quote was spot on Total price installed w/tax $525.00 . I figure it is cheaper to install the camera then replace my bumper or someone else s lol

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
WOW $525 that hurts me even!

I did a back up am in my old '13 and had less than $75 into it. When i traded it in they even thought it was stock

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6

I did a back up am in my old '13 and had less than $75 into it. When i traded it in they even thought it was stock
Yea 525$ isn'y chump change but that was for Camera, Harness kit Flashing the unit so a couple hundred labor. I DID NOT want to install my self, Then pay 50/100$ to flash it . so I would have been looking at around 250/ 350 for parts plus flashing.. SO for me it was worth it..

Last edited:

JasonK94Z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

You have instructions posted somewhere to do this? Aftermarket by any chance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6

E bay has a ton of after market cheapos as well! and some GARMIN GPS w/Blue Tooth will hook up to a Back up camera
a few aftermarket and OEM FYI if your truck DOES NOT have the wiring harness you need to buy the kit. The OEM camera mounts in the handle and harness through the frame,and to make the lines move with the steering wheel you have to tap is the harness,, For me checeper to pay someone to do it then fix my mistakes.. Plus I do not have a garage and there is snow outside lol!
OEM MOPAR Backup Camera for RAM 82214240 | TascaParts.com
https://www.crutchfield.com/S-KR7H8ofU62v/p_249RCH75DC/Crux-RVCCH-75DC-Backup-Camera-System.html

Last edited:

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7

no i dont but there are many different aftermarket ones that do have them and that is pretty much what i followed.

basically an aftermarket cam only is a 12v+, ground and the video wire. Any bullet style cam will fit in the tailgate handle you just need to drill a hole. For the power and ground i used signal at the 7 pin harness. then i ran the video wires up to the radio re-pinned them and put them into the harness.

still had to get it turned on by the dealer but they only charged me $50 at the time (back in 13).

the biggest down fall to this method was there is no moving grid lines when you turn i reverse.

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6

JASON Google and You Tube are your friend plus there are link on sight here as well There is also a Sticky on top of this page! FYI I have used the Back Up camera in my daughters car and the lines do not move, and it is OK but set up with the guide line s moving with the steering wheel IMO is way better for me :) What I would do is price out the unit of choice, cost for Flashing of the unit from dealer and your time. 2/4 hrs if your sharp with wiring.. See what a OEM installed cost would be ! AT mu age I would rather pay someone to fix something then bust my own chops lol.... Post up what you do! Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=install+back+up+camerea+RAM+1500

Last edited: