backup camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

R4M

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did give Andrea the contact info,

not sure if it was just coincide, because I just PM the info this morning.

but got a call today, and the shop that did the work was originally wanting me to bring the truck down there and leave it, after they told me they could do the work in 1 day. after putting me off for 2 weeks.

and then come back and get it, which I tried to explain would be inconvenient, since they are in a different state.

but now they have scheduled me a time to come down and they are going to stick to what they said, and do the work in 1 day.

thanks!

OP
OP
R

R4M

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
just wanna say the dealership was Kernersville Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram in North Carolina and the truck shop who installed the bed was W & M Truck Clinic Inc in Charlotte North Carolina.

got the truck back, still with no backup camera. waited 3 hours for someone from W &M to get the wiring loom, and Kernersville Dodge, let them come back with the wrong one.

I will say W &M were real nice about it, and tried to make it right with what they had.

what is bad, is that Kernsersville Dodge said I had everything I needed this whole time, a flat out lie.

Looking back at the bill for the truck, Kernsersville Dodge charged me $600 to remove the bed, after which they sold it, and along with it, all the back up camera stuff the truck I bought was suppose to have.

just be aware that Kernersville Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram in NC, have done this to at least one other person besides me, which to me is bad business, and when I brought up the problem to them on the phone, they tried to talk me off the phone, like it was all my fault.

no more updates after this,Kernersville Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram are suppose to overnight fedex me the rest of harness, for the camera to actually work, so after I get that part and install myself I will finally have what was suppose to be included with the truck, its been almost 2 months btw. wow.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Un freakin Believable!

OP
OP
R

R4M

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
well,

got the harness today, and its the wrong one!

had to call the truck place again,

they said the guy across the street that took the bed off to begin with is getting alot of grief because he messed up,

they are suppose to call me back again sometime, the guy who installed the aftermarket truck bed

OP
OP
R

R4M

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
the mystery backup camera is solved now,

ended up taking the truck to a local dealer, for a quote on the parts needed to fix the camera, the dealer that sold me the truck is suppose to be paying the bill,

for $184,

they have to repin the connectors on the truck,

because its a aftermarket camera!

the whole time the dealer, and the guys who installed the bed, had no clue it was a aftermarket camera, and tried to convince me it was factory, and all that was needed was to plug up a couple of connectors, but it wouldn't work, because its a aftermarket camera!

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wow

OP
OP
R

R4M

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
just thought I'd say, that the backup camera works now.

the guys who installed it, did a good job,

makes lining up the hitch to the trailer really easy.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good.deal!