Backup Camera Functional at Any Speed with Lockpick/Jailbreak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sprintz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wondering if anyone has definitively solved how to keep the backup camera on at any speed (while using Customtronix Jailbreak or Coastal Electronics Lockpick).

It's not clear to me if you just need to interrupt the "LIN BUS CBC 3" wire going to the camera, either by:
1. cutting-- permanent and therefore no more guidelines when back up, or
2. introducing a switch to that wire-- turn on when needed.

Or, if you need to supply/switch power to some other terminal on the camera's connector/bus.

Thanks!

bigolayne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All you have to do is go to options and turn on the camera and it will stay on. You will need to do this, I believe, each time you start the truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
After a certain speed in drive (10 mph I believe), the computer cuts power to the camera for "safety" purposes.

You should be able to bypass this if you have a lockpick by removing the factory power and supplying a separate ACC power source.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Ramzaq

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 CC 4X4 3.55 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine is the older lockpick with the RBZ radio, but it will stay on at any speed

I will say I did route the power wire for the camera to the lockpick and connected to the wire marked camera.