Basic audio upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Well I think I have at least one blown 6x9 in my 2014 Crew Cab. I will be adding the Kicker plug and play sub at some point. I am wanting a simple upgrade for the door speakers and dash. Not looking to add amps or dedicated crossovers. For sound quality and some bass, what would you suggest? Model numbers would be great so I get the right ohm speakers.

bucks130

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I believe kicker also makes a plug n play upgrade for the door speakers. Prolly do a quick search and find it. Pretty sure a lot of guys here are using them.

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
What bucks said. The door and dash are wired together so you don't want to just grab any set otherwise the dash will be too bright and possibly distort.

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well I think I have at least one blown 6x9 in my 2014 Crew Cab. I will be adding the Kicker plug and play sub at some point. I am wanting a simple upgrade for the door speakers and dash. Not looking to add amps or dedicated crossovers. For sound quality and some bass, what would you suggest? Model numbers would be great so I get the right ohm speakers.

The kicker sub DOES NOT sound good with JBLs. Lol. I would recommend if you go the kicker route go all the way with their complete speaker and sub package. My experience is that the sub is marginal at best. I actually have it unplugged now and my music sounds better. I have 2 Phoenix SX12s and 800ti amp in a custom Net Audio box coming my way to fix that problem[emoji23][emoji23]. Seriously though it's a good little package for a basic upgrade but if you like a lot of bass it's definitely not worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
If you replace the door speakers with any thing other than OEM, you cant add the complete package.

The sub, yes, the front 4.1 amp you cannot, its intended for OEM speakers.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye