Bass dimming lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ram82808

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
So I am about to install 2 12" subs in my crew cab.... I remember back when I had a system my lights would dim every time the bass hit. Then we started using caps . Is their anything newer or better to avoid this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How much power do you plan to run? I have 2000w that I run now and only when I'm cranked and bass hits hard enough to flex my cab do the interior lights dim. Secret to our trucks is finding a good ground and as stated big 3 and a new battery are great to do as well.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

wsutard1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
Running a D series amp will help as well. They tend to pull less power and thus dont tax your system as much.

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
As others have said, a cap is like band aide to the real problem. Get a good battery, run nice high quality gauge wire and alternator should the need arise.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Another thing to note and do if not already that way is the ground should be same gauge as the power supply, and the shorter the better. With large amps as suggested a good quality battery, If I'm adding a big amp or two I like to use a deep cycle marine battery. Blue top optima is a good start in my opinion