Bass help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 HEMI
I have the Alpine sysem, but I want some more Bass! The Bass just seems like it could do better. I have a crew cab and was wondering what is the best way to upgrade my Bass. Unfortunately, I am extremely ignorant when it comes to all the audio and electronic side of things. So, I need some help but remember, I'm a newbie to all of this.....

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have the bass adjustment turned all the way up on the radio?

If so, the other option is to get subs

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
you can take the sub and enclosure that is there out, and put in a aftermarket sub and box, and use a loc to tap into the wires that are there for a new amp to push the new sub

boomerman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the Alpine system as well and there really is no help for the subwoofer other than replacing it.
Gripes me the system cost that much and they can't even get it right.

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 HEMI
On the driver side below the rear bench, there is a space big enough for a sub. Anybody know how to make anything like that work? I could replace, but I would rather just add on to the existing if possible.

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I thought this was a fishin thread, I was gonna recommend some lures for you to use...LOL

king99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a sub and box under drivers side rear seat. I bought the box (new) on ebay and put a sub in it. I have a 10" sub. You will have to remove the storage box lid. My amp sits behind the sub/box "under" the back of the seat. It all fits perfectly. For me a 10" sub is plenty. It hits hard, makes the rear view mirrors blurry when it hits. It was $200 to have the local shop install it and that included the wiring kit. Its a very clean install if you are willing to give up your storage bin.

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 HEMI
I thought this was a fishin thread, I was gonna recommend some lures for you to use...LOL

I would appreciate that :D Not trying to be cheap on the upgrade, just don't like wasting time and money if I can just add to it. I saw somebody on here make their own fiberglass enclosure, just wondering how to hook it all up.

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 HEMI
I have a sub and box under drivers side rear seat. I bought the box (new) on ebay and put a sub in it. I have a 10" sub. You will have to remove the storage box lid. My amp sits behind the sub/box "under" the back of the seat. It all fits perfectly. For me a 10" sub is plenty. It hits hard, makes the rear view mirrors blurry when it hits. It was $200 to have the local shop install it and that included the wiring kit. Its a very clean install if you are willing to give up your storage bin.

Would you mind posting a pic of it? Also, was that with the Alpine system?

king99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I do not have the Alpine system. I will try to snap pics tonight. You could always replace the existing sub and see if that meets your needs. If not you are basically at square one and at that point the only option is to buy a sub and enclosure and you will already have the sub.

CJJ1986

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here are some pics of my setup. Fiberglass/MDF enclosure with 10" sub and JL Audio Amp under driver's seat. Clean deep bass that can be felt and heard. Installs pretty easy to factory system. The wires you need to tap into are behind the B-pillar cover on the drivers side. Plus you will need to run your ground and power wire for the amp.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 66
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 56

wader999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did not have the Alpine system, but everything in my truck is alpine except the deck. I have a 12" in a fiberglass enclosure under the rear passenger seat with amp under the driver seat. I really like all the storage and did not want to use it all up on the stereo. It sounds very good. Did everything myself except, I had the fiberglass box made for me.

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 HEMI
If I did replace the Alpine sub (think it is an 8 inch), what is a good brand/type to look for? If I'm going to put the time and effort into the replacing something, I definately want it to be an upgrade...

CJJ1986

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would suggest going with JL Audio. A little more pricey but the sound quality is astounding! They have a 8w3 that sounds awesome! You just need to make sure you get the proper impedence to match your factory amp. Will probably list Impedence (Ohm) on back of sub. 2 Ohm, 4 Ohm, 8 Ohm, etc.

TXKID

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd say just put in one 10" w1 JL to replace the stock sub, and a kicker zx500.1 amp. I have two of these subs with a pro box and they SLAM much harder than my two 12's did

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Have one under my seat, people look behind the seat for the sub, yet it's hidden and you cant see it :)

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 HEMI
that setup looks like a super sweet setup... I really like that idea :) appreciate the help