Bass magic???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chipmaker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For those that got the PAC thing attached to their head unit and from there connected a amp and subs, then was way disappointed, you are not alone. But there is hope, a magical device.

x161EPiCEG-F-1.jpeg

I would recommend the RF360 for a full system, but for just subs the Epicenter is awesome. I was very skeptical, but it works...

If this hadn't worked, I was going to install a aftermarket radio, but no need now.

King nothing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Do you feel like the bass is unnatural? that is the comment i hear the most is that it just doesnt sound right. Some people love them, and some dont

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was considering getting one of these, and removing my rear channels (in a reg cab, they are just silly IMO) and then throwing in a 10 or two.. All in good time..

OP
OP
chipmaker

chipmaker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you feel like the bass is unnatural? that is the comment i hear the most is that it just doesn't sound right. Some people love them, and some dont

I discussed that with the Crutchfield guy, and told him if it sucked I 'd send it back, but it's pretty good, good enough that I will keep it and not install the aftermarket radio I have. I don't usually order from Crutchfield, but the price was okay, and I wasn't sure I was going to keep it. They are cool with returns.

Try it, if it sucks return it... Very easy install.

King nothing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I discussed that with the Crutchfield guy, and told him if it sucked I 'd send it back, but it's pretty good, good enough that I will keep it and not install the aftermarket radio I have. I don't usually order from Crutchfield, but the price was okay, and I wasn't sure I was going to keep it. They are cool with returns.

Try it, if it sucks return it... Very easy install.
I dont need one. Im all aftermarket. I was just wondering what your impression of the sound was

OP
OP
chipmaker

chipmaker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I dont need one. Im all aftermarket. I was just wondering what your impression of the sound was

That's cool. Anyway, it seems to be a good alternative for the people that don't want to swap out radios...

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
What exactly does this do?

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
What exactly does this do?

I'm not familiar with that exact model, but it appears to be a pre-amp that lets you adjust the bass. It will probably also let you take the factory stereo speaker wires as the "in" and let you use RCAs as the "out" to feed your amps.

They are pretty handy if you have really nice range on your speakers and music if you are using mp3s as your source. Mp3 music is compressed, one of the reasons you can fit a bazillionty-eleven songs on a thumb drive, and it lops off the frequencies at the extreme high and low end of the scale to save space. Most systems (and ears) will never notice the difference, but high end equipment, depending on music type and listener "discernment", you can hear a real difference between mp3 and DVD sources, for example. This gizmo helps cut that imbalance on the low end.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
so in simple terms it boots low end frequencies?

OP
OP
chipmaker

chipmaker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, when using the factory radio, it removes the processing that keeps the stock speakers safe. It gives you back the boom...
I really like the way my stock radio sounds now when running thru my Galaxy 2 running either Pandora or mp3s.