Battery gauge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Express SN95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just recently purchased a 2017 Ram 1500 and noticed that the battery gauge is reading between half and 3/4. All my other Rams always read right in the middle, so thinking something might be wrong I googled it and noticed a lot of pictures of 2017-2018 Ram's gauges that exhibit the same thing. Anybody else notice this as well? If I press the up on the window switch it bounces back to half and then goes back. Did it go from being a "dummy" gauge to being more accurate now?

Before turning the truck on:

While on:

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I'm not mistaken the gauge is rated from 8v to 16v. When running most cars run in the low 14 volt range so that looks to be about perfect.

HemiStarPower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My gauge does the same thing, it did it in my 2013 as well. I kept that thing on a battery tender so it was always over half. You will see slight fluctuations on the gauge depending on wether the alternator is on a charge cycle or not for the battery. But it's within normal range!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk