Battery Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bspeermint4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have an 09 1500 and Im looking for a good battery to replace my stock. I have a 3k amp and I plan on getting a light bar at some point. My lights are dimming and I feel like the battery is on its leg.I heard the Optima yellow tops were good but I want to get some more opinions. I've seen a couple good reviews on this Kinetik battery (link below) but I wanna see any other great options that could help out

Kinetik HC2000 (KHC2000) 2250 Amp 12V Car Battery Power Cell

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Don't do the Yellow top, get either a good AGM battery like a Die Hard Platinum or Super Start Platinum or go with XS power. Later is spendy but damn they are good batteries.

OP
OP
B

bspeermint4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I looked at the XS but I wasnt sure they were could be used as primary batts. Ive seen everyone use them as a secondary. Ill have to look into the platinums

N1ck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Northstar just released a 94R battery, best battery you can get for our vehicles from warranty to pulse cranks to ah.

The diehards are a relabelled odyssey battery which is a cross between a 49/94R and is a lower performing batter vs the Northstar. I sell them both.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
XS Power, we use them on all our demo vehicles.

OP
OP
B

bspeermint4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What group numbers will fit though? I know 94R but will any others fit with any modifications needing to be done?

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
I have an 09 1500 and Im looking for a good battery to replace my stock. I have a 3k amp and I plan on getting a light bar at some point. My lights are dimming and I feel like the battery is on its leg.I heard the Optima yellow tops were good but I want to get some more opinions. I've seen a couple good reviews on this Kinetik battery (link below) but I wanna see any other great options that could help out

Kinetik HC2000 (KHC2000) 2250 Amp 12V Car Battery Power Cell
I'd figure out a way to do dual batteries with all that stuff sucking current.

Got a heavy-duty alternator?

OP
OP
B

bspeermint4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Still a stock alternator. Thats why I want to upgrade my battery. Im going to put off getting the light bar for now. I have a small capacitor for now. I was going to get a bigger one but I need a battery

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
3K amp you will need to upgrade your alternator good rule of thumb is 2.5k with stock alt and 2 batteries will work but not great you still get a ton of voltage drop.

OP
OP
B

bspeermint4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Still have the stock alternator. I put off getting the light bar for now. I have a small capacitor. I was going to get a bigger one, but I really need a battery

OP
OP
B

bspeermint4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
An alternator was going to be my next upgrade. I knew I'd need one with everything I plan on doing

nationalminer84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I put an optima red top in my Sierra I had one for 9 years in my 02 ram it was a no brainer..... Except it sucked. No reserve struggled to start the truck. Absolute joke for what they charge. I guess it's true that optima quality has gone downhill since they went to Mexico. I pulled it when I traded the truck in and replaced an 08 vintage diehard that's been giving me trouble in my old xj work jeep with it. Works good in there but not in that fs truck next time I'm looking at other agm brands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
caps are a small bandaid, battery or alt is the only real solution.