Battery terminal connector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wildkarde

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I was having a strange misfire on startups recently and thought it was my vararam intake. So I went to clean it and reset the computer. Instead when I went to take the negative terminal off I noticed that it had been overtightened and broken.

Went to the dealer to get my oil change yesterday and found out I missed my bumper to bumper warranty coverage by a month and apparently that small connector is...$110!!!!

Ummm... anybody have any ideas? If there's a site with a parts schematic I can get the part number and search. Or if anybody can tell me if it's interchangeable across brands. (JeeP Dodge etc)

I need to get one before it creates a bigger issue

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Replacement battery clamp is not that much. That is probably including installation or a battery cleaning or something. Give the parts department at the local dealer a call and ask them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
I just bought a new one from Autozone. There pretty cheap, can't believe the dealer was going to charge you $100.. f That

SlowRoller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
110 Almost sounds like a cable replacement,,,,

w6pea

U.S.Marine Corps Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500 "Laramie" 4x2 CC/LB SRW 6.7L CTD Leer 122 Campershell
Engine
6.7L IL6 Cummins Turbo Diesel
More than likely, the part is low in price, but they want to charge you $100 Labor. I think the book calls for 1 hour labor to replace the battery cable.

PrdCdn

TEAM RAMROD
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L ECO Diesel
I'd recommend getting military style battery terminal ! excellent quality and can do yourself for pennies.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
I'd recommend getting military style battery terminal ! excellent quality and can do yourself for pennies.

I just bought a marine terminal and it is worlds better than the crappy stock one.