Best Cb antenna

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danmp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hello I have actually a cobra 29lx radio with a Wilson little wil on my ram . I don't know to much about cb's . There is a way to get more range from my 29lx unit with a better antenna. I've read that the best setup was a dual firestick antenna. Is it true, do you have any suggestions ?

thx

hotrodderscott

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Maybe some of the other CDL drivers on here will also chime in but we run Wilson Trucker Antennas. Will definitely extend your range but probably not as visually appealing as a set of dual fire stick whips.
can talk to some local guys at your truck stop. Some ways to make that 29 teach out and touch someone.

I don't have a radio in my ram yet. Been thinking about it. Got to ask where did you mount a 29xl?
old truck I had a "self it" that mounted in visor holes and provided a nice overhead mounting spot. Been looking at the overhead console area. ..
seen some mounts on ebay but dont want radio just sitting on the dash.

lonewolf2873

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd recommend Wilson 5000 and have whip tuned. Turning power inside up now just distorts them. Best bet is get a better radio.
Your not going to "get out" with 4 watt Cobra.

lonewolf2873

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you want radio ideas take a look at Galaxy radios or Ranger radios. Both capable of 200+ watts. The Ranger tuned up peaks at 400!!

Searay245se

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon Laramie
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Wilson 5000 is over kill for a stock radio.Wilson 1000 is all you need.I run a Wilson 1000 mag mount,Cobra 148 gtl (side mic,old school)with built in digital echo,older Realistic power mic and a Palomar 300 Elite and have talked from Ohio to California shooting skip with no problem.I have been into this hobby for 30 plus years and even have a base station in my house and one in my garage.

GoatRider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 4.7
I run a cobra 29 LTD Classic with an astatic mic, simple dual fiberglass antennas ( one is a dummy), I get good reception and transmitting distance. Running dual antennas doesn't make any improvement unless they are more than eight feet from each other.