best plug-n-play speaker options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

b5rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
2016 1500 with 8" screen . I would like to upgrade the speakers without fabricating, cutting, splicing, etc. What are my options? I wish a company (like Focal) made a replacement speaker kit. The Kicker kit I saw only has the 6X9 in the doors and not the tweeter.
It would be nice to replace the factory speakers with something better; Best case scenario (for me) would be a 3-way system with the tweeters in the sails, 3.5 mid in the dash, and a 6.5 in the door that would plug into the existing HU and have matching ohms and not need a crossover. I know this would not drop right in, but I really don't want to start adding amps and crossovers. I don't need earth-shaking bass, just some tight bass response.

Am I dreaming?

thanks

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Kicker 77kick28ab I think is the 6x9 for the doors and the tweeters for the dash(this is for the non alpine system) and 77kick41 for the rear doors.

I just did the front and it is definitely an upgrade and the rear speakers were just delivered so I will be installing them today

And yes they are pnp

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
Without running active crossovers and amps, I would choose to either have dash speakers or tweets in the sail. Having both would cause bad imaging in my opinion. A set of 6.5 components would come with passive crossovers of course so that would be my suggestion. You can put the tweets in the dash location eliminating the need to cut the sails. Even still that may not sound ideal due to windshield reflections. If you are convinced to put tweets in the sail, I suggest something with a pivot mount otherwise they will aim a little down and towards the dash.

OP
OP
B

b5rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
thanks, I'll go the Kicker route and make it easy

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

b5rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
installed the Kicker upgrade. Didn't like it; treble was too brassy and the 6X9 made no discernible difference. I may have bought the wrong one as mine did not come with the 2-way 3.5" speaker, but only a tweeter for the dash speaker. A;so, the 6X9 was just a full range speaker. Just bought some Focal 6.5 components and will install them as soon as they come in. I noticed there is plenty of room in the sails to install the tweeters there.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The dash tweeters in the 77kick28ab sounded horrible IMO. I ended up putting the stock 3.5s back in the dash and leaving the Kicker 6x9s in the doors and I'm really happy with the sound.

joneseysr6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
you have the base audio system or the factory alpine system?