best sound deadener

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i think im going to go with the stinger road kill. does anyone know how many sqft it takes to do the back wall, all 4 doors of a crew cab and have some extra to do some spots on the roof and maybe the foor?
I used
Stinger RKX36B Roadkill Expert Series Sound Damping Material Bulk Pack.. It is 36 Sq. Ft. I covered the entire back cab wall and most of the door skins ( what I could reach by removing the speaker and going through the one other available opening). I do have a little left over. 2 boxes I would guess would cover most of the truck (like said above)

I also bought the luxury liner pro and attempted one back door.. What a pita. Could not get the panel back on. I guess I'll just used it for the floor possibly.

Last edited:
OP
OP
lokal907ryder

lokal907ryder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I used
Stinger RKX36B Roadkill Expert Series Sound Damping Material Bulk Pack.. It is 36 Sq. Ft. I covered the entire back cab wall and most of the door skins ( what I could reach by removing the speaker and going through the one other available opening). I do have a little left over. 2 boxes I would guess would cover most of the truck (like said above)

I also bought the luxury liner pro and attempted one back door.. What a pita. Could get the panel back on. I guess I'll just used it for travel floor possibly.

great info thank you! I think I will start with one bulk pack. Its pretty quiet and my system isn't anything crazy. just looking to do the back wall and some of the door spots like you and maybe other little spots I find a rattle.

Reactions: jbr

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
i think im going to go with the stinger road kill. does anyone know how many sqft it takes to do the back wall, all 4 doors of a crew cab and have some extra to do some spots on the roof and maybe the foor?

I used 2 of the big boxes and had a couple of sheets left over.

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
i thought luxury liner pro came with the CCF already joined with the MLV.
Where as the luxury liner still needed CCF to be used with it.
Is this incorrect?

thanksfor the tip about the fit issues.

I have yet to do my truck, just roadkill, for now. was planning on doing it fairly soon, though, and appreciate your experience.

Did it make a noticeable improvement over just tiles?

It made a noticeable difference yes. It was my first time doing the CCF & MLV, I usually dampen with tiles and call it good but I read all the hype and thought I'd give it a go. Plus I run mud terrains and figured going the extra mile would tame the tire howl I get at highway speeds...it helped quite a bit.
I've learned two things...
I will never run mud terrains again (they burn up way too fast with this heavy of a truck)
and, I'll prob never do CCF & MLV in the doors of a Ram. It was a PITA to cut out all the clearencing holes in the MLV to make the door panel fit.
I prob spent 2-3 hours per door to make it work...it was rough going man.

Bigtymes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Man, I wish I had found this before purchasing. I haven't installed yet, actually paying a shop to install everything professionally... But I got 5 bulk boxes, 180 Sq ft, of the roadkill expert. I am wanting 100% coverage. Is that too much? This post states 1 and 2 boxes. Is that for partial coverage?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk