Bluetooth shuts off whole system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JakeC132

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This issue just started happening two days ago. When my phone connects to the uconnect 5.0 system it re-boots the whole radio system. The whole screen goes black. The radio stops playing and it re-boots. It will do this every 3-5 minutes while i'm driving until I turn the Bluetooth off on my phone then it will stop re-booting. I have never had any issues connecting Bluetooth on my phone to the truck before two days ago. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
No experience with it, but I would suggest you reset your pairing. Make the truck forget the phone and vice versa. If there's a reset on the head unit, hit that too. After you write down all your settings.

Then re-pair. Just some thoughts.

OP
OP
J

JakeC132

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Update: I tried re-setting and that didn't work. I ended up taking the truck to the dealership and they said that there was a new update out for the u-connect system which fixed the problem.

mikegmi2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This happened for the first time on my 8.4 this morning on the way to work...reboot once, then not again for the entire drive to work. I didn't shut off Bluetooth on my phone or anything like that...it just did the radio reboot once and that was it. Perhaps I will take to dealer soon to check for updates on the 8.4.

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Is there some place to find out what "UCONNECT® 5.0_MY15_RA2C_RJ2C_RG2_PNET_15_12_5__07_03_05" actually fixes? Or is there a way to find out the current software version?
While my system seems to be working fine with my nearly 5 year old iPhone 4s the day will come soon when I will be forced to get a new(er) one. Thus the update may be necessary. Thank you for any information.