Bought a pre fabbed box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caron11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Reactions: Kab

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
depends on what box you bought!

you need to match the sub with the airspace that is in the box.

OP
OP
caron11

caron11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I beilieve its 1.3c sealed

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

NOcasio7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I beilieve its 1.3c sealed

That seems like more air space than mine. Which box did you get? I got a prefab bbox which I wasnt happy about but I am doing a comprt in it which should sound good.

NOcasio7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Make sure the mounting depth will clear as well. I am all about buying everything and having it ready to go but with a box (depending on box) I would go to a shop with the box and see what will fit before buying a sub and then it not fitting. Airspace is key as well as stated prior.

OP
OP
caron11

caron11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ill know more today im hoping about the box as it was an impulsive buy due to a good deal

NOcasio7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ill know more today im hoping about the box as it was an impulsive buy due to a good deal

Where did you get the box from? Do you have a model or brand?

OP
OP
caron11

caron11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Unfotunatly no i bought it from a local shop. I believe part of the model was qc210 but doesnt help i would imagine

NOcasio7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Unfotunatly no i bought it from a local shop. I believe part of the model was qc210 but doesnt help i would imagine

from the model of the box and going off model names/numbers of other boxes, it would seem that it is a dual woofer box, is this accurate?

OP
OP
caron11

caron11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
from the model of the box and going off model names/numbers of other boxes, it would seem that it is a dual woofer box, is this accurate?
I couldnt tell ya 100% till i get in contact with the shop. But soon as i know ill letchas know

OP
OP
caron11

caron11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well unfortunatly i wont be able to purchase the clarions due to the basket size being to big so kaptions it is
Now witch amp should i power them with ?

Luxuryram10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Well unfortunatly i wont be able to purchase the clarions due to the basket size being to big so kaptions it is
Now witch amp should i power them with ?

Hmm that's doesn't seem right or they don't want to work a little harder to get them in there. I have the same bbox and I have full size type rs in it. And that's all depending on what the speakers are rated for. I usually get an amp that's 25% less then what the peak watts it is rated for. I'm only running a 500w alpine mono block on my rs. Soon to be updating to their 1200w mono

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
caron11

caron11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So the kenwood would be overpowering for the kaptions

Luxuryram10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So the kenwood would be overpowering for the kaptions

Little over kill. But leaves room for upgrading in the future. [emoji41] get the box and pm me and I will rip a sub out of mine to show you exactly what they did. If you're looking for some good bumps I'd recommend the rs. That amp would be perfect for them. Like I said i have regular 10s not the low profile. Disgusting difference in price.

OP
OP
caron11

caron11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Little over kill. But leaves room for upgrading in the future. [emoji41] get the box and pm me and I will rip a sub out of mine to show you exactly what they did. If you're looking for some good bumps I'd recommend the rs. That amp would be perfect for them. Like I said i have regular 10s not the low profile. Disgusting difference in price.

Sounds good i think i actually linked the wrong sub being that there 2ohm voice coil instead of 4
http://kaptionaudio.com/10-woofer-dual-2-ohms.html
thankfully iim only purchasing the subs and box and doin the install myself this shop seems to just throw info my way then changes it soon as they order everything

Luxuryram10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Sounds good i think i actually linked the wrong sub being that there 2ohm voice coil instead of 4
http://kaptionaudio.com/10-woofer-dual-2-ohms.html
thankfully iim only purchasing the subs and box and doin the install myself this shop seems to just throw info my way then changes it soon as they order everything

Duh. Cause they think we're dumb. But won't hear them say that. But yes I've been doing my own installs on my vehicles for 10 years. Plus all the little side gigs I have done throughout the years. It's very easy. Except when it comes to adding PAC for steering wheel controls. I was stumped there for a minute. This is the first truck I've ever had to hook it up in so it was an experience.

OP
OP
caron11

caron11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Duh. Cause they think we're dumb. But won't hear them say that. But yes I've been doing my own installs on my vehicles for 10 years. Plus all the little side gigs I have done throughout the years. It's very easy. Except when it comes to adding PAC for steering wheel controls. I was stumped there for a minute. This is the first truck I've ever had to hook it up in so it was an experience.

Ive debated trying that but gunna stick with this for now lol now u were saying my best option for an amo would be the jbl? And now im scratching my head at wiring subs to amp only ever worked with 4ohm. Should be comical when i pick everything up they said theyd have the subs installed in the box and wired

Luxuryram10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Ive debated trying that but gunna stick with this for now lol now u were saying my best option for an amo would be the jbl? And now im scratching my head at wiring subs to amp only ever worked with 4ohm. Should be comical when i pick everything up they said theyd have the subs installed in the box and wired

Each side has its own terminals. If they're 2 ohm stable that's how I would wire them up to the amp. And I'd go with the bigger amp just because that will leave you room to upgrade. I forgot was the amp a mono block or set amount of channels

OP
OP
caron11

caron11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Both are mono's

Luxuryram10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Both are mono's

Like I said I'd go bigger if I knew I was thinking about upgrading down the road. You might even upgrade as soon as you hear them. You may not be happy. Always gotta plan ahead when it comes to upgrading. Figure out what you want for sound quality and clarity. Depends on the type of music you like. Some setups wont work with other types.