Brake Box Adjustment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

20115500WorkHorse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Need help with Brake box adjustment, when I apply the brake it takes about 5 seconds before the trailer brakes respond, is there any adjustment/s that you guys know of?

Thanks

Last edited:

4XLGATOR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
I know aftermarket brake controllers (what I have) are adjustable, just follow the directions that came with it, or find them online.

If it is a built-in controller that's part of the truck, I would have to think it's adjustable as well. The owner's manual should tell you how to do it.

These are just the obvious suggestions. My truck is an '06 3500 and I am not at all familiar with a 2011 5500. Good luck with it.

OP
OP

20115500WorkHorse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I know aftermarket brake controllers (what I have) are adjustable, just follow the directions that came with it, or find them online.

If it is a built-in controller that's part of the truck, I would have to think it's adjustable as well. The owner's manual should tell you how to do it.

These are just the obvious suggestions. My truck is an '06 3500 and I am not at all familiar with a 2011 5500. Good luck with it.

Yea its the Factory installed unit sorry. We got a CD for a manual, its useless.
Still need to order the paper copy of the owners manual lol

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Might want to try the dealer , as im sure they can help .. might be just a phone call away

We will try and help as much as we can but LOL we dont see very many of the BIG trucks like yours .

Welcome to RF again .

OP
OP

20115500WorkHorse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Might want to try the dealer , as im sure they can help .. might be just a phone call away

We will try and help as much as we can but LOL we dont see very many of the BIG trucks like yours .

Welcome to RF again .

True, just hate to deal with the Dealer you know lol

Thanks, we appreciate any and all help, lol just by browsing we have seen some big trucks (lifted) on here lol get what you're saying tho, no 5500's lol

Thanks again.