Brody57's RCSB Sub Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brody57

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I've been out of the car audio world for awhile but I'm getting back in the game! My last system was a competition build with an 18 in a hatchback car. Well, this build will be bigger and better than that one. I'm going with one nasty 15 with a ported box that's around 4-4.5 cubic feet tuned at about 36-38 hertz. The sub is a 6000 watt Max/3,000 watt RMS sub. It's wrapped with Dual 1 ohm voice coils. I haven't quite chose an amp yet. But I'm wanting something that'll run at about 3,000-4,000 watts RMS at 1 ohm. Possibly something that will run at .5 ohm. I'll definitely get some pics as this build progresses! It'll be one for the books!

PICTURES ON 3RD AND 5TH PAGE

Last edited:

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Center console build? Also are you going to run a new alt?

OP
OP
Brody57

Brody57

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Center console build? Also are you going to run a new alt?

No sir this will all be built behind the seat. There's enough room to fit it behind. I won't lose any room on my side either. Putting the sub on the passenger side and the port will be on my side. There's enough room for a 6 cubic foot box in our single cabs. It's a huge box but it'll work. That's still without losing any seat space on the driver side. Right now I'll probably run the stock alternator but I'll upgrade in the near future.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ah I got ya, my amp rack is above my box and the box is close to 2.5 cubes with all the bracing. My seats are 100% useable just like stock configuration. How are you bracing that sucker?

OP
OP
Brody57

Brody57

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ah I got ya, my amp rack is above my box and the box is close to 2.5 cubes with all the bracing. My seats are 100% useable just like stock configuration. How are you bracing that sucker?

Honestly I have no idea haha. I've been thinking on how I'm gonna brace it. Im currently in the box design stage. I know what sub I'm going with so I can design everything from the sub specs. I'm gonna mount my amp On the driver side behind my seat. That way my seat isn't effected at all. I'm really excited to get everything goin though. It's gonna be loud. I hope.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Double baffle the front and go from there. How deep is the sub you're using.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is there really enough room back there for 4.5 cubes after ports and displacement? And still room for an amp and batteries?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Brody57

Brody57

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Double baffle the front and go from there. How deep is the sub you're using.

That's kinda what I was thinking. The sub is 9.5" deep. The bottom of the box is 12" deep and the top will be 6". It'll be 26" tall which will put it right at the window line and the length will be about 40".

OP
OP
Brody57

Brody57

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is there really enough room back there for 4.5 cubes after ports and displacement? And still room for an amp and batteries?

It'll be tight but I have plenty of room. It may not seem like it but we have so much room behind the seat it's just ridiculous. The 4.5 cubes includes the port and displacement. 4.5 would be on the big side though. It'll be right at 4 cubes actually. It comes out to like 4.09 with everything added together. I may put extra batteries under the hood if I'm short on room. I have plenty of room for extra batteries there.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
External port assume? I get 4.09 with those measurements before bracing, port and sub displacement. My math could be off though, my trig is rusty.

Not trying to give ya a hard time, just trying to make sure no calculations are off. I know I would hate to waste wood/time.

OP
OP
Brody57

Brody57

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
External port assume? I get 4.09 with those measurements before bracing, port and sub displacement. My math could be off though, my trig is rusty.

Not trying to give ya a hard time, just trying to make sure no calculations are off. I know I would hate to waste wood/time.

I never took it as giving me a hard time. I don't want to waste wood nor time either. I'm still in the works of the box specs so when I get them nailed down I'll post all the measurements and everything. I'm still experimenting with internal and external ports and different size and shaped boxes. So I'm not set on the actual design yet. I just measured the truck out a couple days ago.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I understand that... I am in process of trying to figure out the box on my own. I have been pulling measurements for two days playing with ideas.

OP
OP
Brody57

Brody57

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I understand that... I am in process of trying to figure out the box on my own. I have been pulling measurements for two days playing with ideas.

Man it's a struggle. There's so many ways you can go it's hard to decide on one configuration. I'll probably design a box for like a week before I finally decide how I wanna go. I'm looking forward to getting it done though! I'm ready to hear it!

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Here is an example of the room. My sub is about 6" deep with a tapered mag and I needed every bit of space to fit it.

Attachments

• received_10101607494689845.jpg
    received_10101607494689845.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 93

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am jealous of the room you guys get back there. If they had a CC Mega Cab 1500 I probably would have gotten that. I have 4" MAX behind the rear seats to ensure clearance for full movement of the seat.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I remember growing up my dad's old Nissan pickups that had jump seats and I am pretty sure the new reg cabs have almost the same amount of room as those old mini pickups.
Brody my amps are huge as well so in reality where the top of my box is it measures 8" deep iirc and the seat is about 1/2" off of the box. Also the face of the box is double baffled so take that into account as well. I think you can squeeze your 15 in there but it's going to be tight and zero room for error.

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Yea after you take into account the 3/4" MDF and the double baffle..space gets used up pretty fast. I would do a forward facing sub, and depending on your port length requirements...I'd do forward facing port down low...pushing the sound under the seats for an upfront bass effect...IF YOUR PORT IS SHORT. Otherwise you'll be forced to do a long side port, or a port firing up....without doing any math, I imagine your port is gonna be a bit long with a 35 hz tune

OP
OP
Brody57

Brody57

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry for the absence. I've had to work and haven't had a chance to post. I think I nailed my box design down. The box will be 4.5 cubic feet AFTER sub and port displacement. That will put the dimensions at 26" tall by 45" long. The top depth will be 6" and the bottom will be 12". I'm going with a round port. It will be 6" in diameter and about 10" in depth. I think that was tuned at around 36 hertz. Port and sub will be as low as I can get them. That leaves about 13" in width and the full 26" in height for battery and amp mounting. I'll have to get creative with the amp mount but I have plenty of room behind my seat. It'll be tight but I'll make it work!

On a side note, Etroze that is one clean install! I bet that sounds amazing!

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
thanks it's one of my better ones. and I think you have a solid plan with your box just I stress having enough bracing in there so it doesn't flex.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio