Broken pcm clip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAM16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
my diablo trinity and new PCM came today, coldish morning went to remove wire clips
1st clip functioned properly and connector was free in seconds
2nd clip broke when trying to pop upward to free the connector, now the connector is stuck in the PCM. Im already rattled that the clip broke i dont want to start reefing on the connector. Anyone know how to un clip it if the red clip handle is broken?

Please help!
ps i havent been able to find an answer to this anywhere, lots of people break the clip when trying to install the connector. Mine is stuck in!

Thanks in Advance

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Usu a pick or something to get the infamous red clips out, there might red and blue clips on bottom of connectors also that you can mess with. My ol’girls Pcm is a little different. Post a pic.

Last edited:

kidmandudebro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Same here wtf! I cant get mine to bring it to the unlocked position. Can you spray a tiny bit of 4D40 down the sides of the connector where you see the green and blue sides? my red lever when moving up just doesn't move the mechanism down to the unlocked position. it bulges out and is like stripped for the teeth on the sides almost like? PITA....

Some people here have mentioned trying to grab the green and blue sides with pliers from below the connector and pulling down so it unlocks.

I just ordered 2 replacement connectors from Mouser. I'm going to try again this weekend.