bucks130 audio build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
What is the value of the resistors in post 8? Can't really see the colors (maybe the black and gold). Thanks.

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
I think they are 100ohm 1/4 watt but I'll double check when I get home later. Have a spare set.
Thanks! I am considering a Pioneer GM-D1004 amp with the Netaudio harness to augment the 5.0 and Kicker speakers. I like the way it is now just looking to get a little more volume. The stock system is pretty loud at 26 though.
Anyway, I have read that the radio needs to see a load in order to enable the output amp.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bucks130

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks! I am considering a Pioneer GM-D1004 amp with the Netaudio harness to augment the 5.0 and Kicker speakers. I like the way it is now just looking to get a little more volume. The stock system is pretty loud at 26 though.
Anyway, I have read that the radio needs to see a load in order to enable the output amp.

No problem. That amp will definitely help out the speakers. The netaudio harness works great for this concept. And yeah I started having issues with audio cutting out before I added the resistors. Once they were in, no issues at all.

OP
OP
B

bucks130

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
BTW....once I get a couple more posts, I'll have a harness and dq-61 (EQ/LOC), available for the taking!

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
50 before you can post for sale.

OP
OP
B

bucks130

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone ever use any dash mount usb plugs like this

https://www.amazon.com/USB-Flush-Mo...r=8-1-spons&keywords=usb+dash+mount+2.0&psc=1

I bought one and hoping that I can just replace the existing 12V plug with it. My phone mount is on the top left part of the dash and with android auto needing a usb connection, I figured this would be a good place and keep from having a cable dangling somewhere from the dash.

There are some reviews of it that say it will fit the hole where a 12v plug would be and then there are reviews with the opposite. Crossing my fingers

OP
OP
B

bucks130

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well done. Did you bypass the eq/loc when you added the pioneer? Tweets in the dash or did you put them up in the sail panel?
20170315_141234.jpg

Here is the tweeter sitting on the dash. My bad for the sideways picture. Taptalk looks to be sensitive to phone orientation when uploading a picture.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Right now I have usb cables coming out the back of the radio and thru the big hole in my center drawer. I don't want to keep it this way.

Has anyone used any usb dash mounts on here? Any problems with them, mainly android auto not working? I see them on Amazon with usb/hdmi combo or 2 usb combo. Have high reviews there, just looking for experience from you guys

The usb plug under the center bezel is power only I think on the jump seat models. Wondering if I could just pop that out and install a usb dash mount there

this lets you keep the console USB with an aftermarket deck

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-G8oc04gF5s2/p_794USBRAM/iDatalink-ACC-USB-RAM-USB-Port-Cable.html

OP
OP
B

bucks130

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I wanted to use that when I bought the maestro stuff but read a lot about it not working with android auto. Something about it being intermittent with long cable lengths. My head unit has two usb slots so I guess I could have used this for one of them, but that would still leave me one short for android auto.

I just bought a dual usb plug that will hopefully fit where the 12v plug currently sits under the bezel. Hoping this solves my usb issue and provides a clean oem look as well. I'll make sure and get a picture uploaded when I get it

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just 3 more to go bucks130!
Here, I'll help you get another one or two...tell me more about your foxbox setup. What size sub and what's the rating on it? And same with the amp that's powering it.

There doesn't seem to be anything beneficial to getting a new amp or even sub I'm noticing, right? The newer models might be a little smaller. But if your old stuff is working, and it fits in the space you want it, its best to just reuse it.

OP
OP
B

bucks130

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here, I'll help you get another one or two...tell me more about your foxbox setup. What size sub and what's the rating on it? And same with the amp that's powering it.

There doesn't seem to be anything beneficial to getting a new amp or even sub I'm noticing, right? The newer models might be a little smaller. But if your old stuff is working, and it fits in the space you want it, its best to just reuse it.

Thanks for the help Mike!

Went with the single 10" ported fox box. I was a little skeptical because like everyone stated in their builds, there is hardly any room for a proper sub under the seat. It looks like building a fiberglass box is clearly the way to go, but I havn't messed with that before and didn't want that to be my first attempt. Especially with the high chance that something doesn't go quite well and I mess up something in my interior.

I do plan on messing around with glass and getting the technique down sometime this summer and then maybe I'll tackle the box. Of course, these forums will be a huge help when that happens because I've found some good info about that on here already and plenty of pictures for reference.

That all being said, the fox box is built well for what it is. There wasn't any pictures on their site of the ported driver side box so I took a gamble when ordering it. If I had one gripe with it, I would say it sticks out a little more than I would like

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
how long ago did you order from them, i have a foxbox in one of my trucks and would like another for my other trucks but i wasnt sure if they were still around

OP
OP
B

bucks130

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
how long ago did you order from them, i have a foxbox in one of my trucks and would like another for my other trucks but i wasnt sure if they were still around

I don't remember the exact time, but it was with the last 6 months or so. Which box do you have, single or dual, sealed or ported?

OP
OP
B

bucks130

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Forgot to mention, the sub is an 10" Alpine Type-S. It is a 4ohm dvc wired to 2 ohms, 500W RMS. Fox recommended a Type-R but it seemed like the box is a little on the small side for a Type-R. Type-S uses a little smaller volume and outputs lower wattage overall, but it works good for the small cab space.

The amp for my sub is a rockford p6001-bd, 600W RMS@2ohms. I also have a rockford 500x 4-channel amp for my door speakers. It's 62.5W x4 @4ohm. Right now I am only using 2 channels on it since I haven't wired up the rear speakers yet. They are still stock, but I may change them out in the near future. My front speakers are a set of rockford T-152s components, 75W RMS @4ohms.

Overall I am happy with this set up. The front components are very clear and the bass from the sub is more than enough for me to crank it and enjoy, but not going to make it hard to breathe like some of the awesome set ups I've seen on here!

The only downfall is the rear fill stock speakers are a little muddled compared to the fronts and it's pretty noticeable. Once I replace the speakers and amp them, I'm sure it will be much better.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
I don't remember the exact time, but it was with the last 6 months or so. Which box do you have, single or dual, sealed or ported?

i have one of his older (better IMO) model boxes, its a dual 12" sealed, it will slam very well, two kicker cvx 12s it flexes the doors on the truck and has broken my overhead console and actually shattered my LED bulbs inside the dome lights and i just molded a double din in the dash.

this is all in my 03 btw

OP
OP
B

bucks130

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i have one of his older (better IMO) model boxes, its a dual 12" sealed, it will slam very well, two kicker cvx 12s it flexes the doors on the truck and has broken my overhead console and actually shattered my LED bulbs inside the dome lights and i just molded a double din in the dash.

this is all in my 03 btw

Wow that's pretty impressive! Did you have more room in the 03? Of course with a dual box, you prolly get more room overall than a single

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Wow that's pretty impressive! Did you have more room in the 03? Of course with a dual box, you prolly get more room overall than a single

i dont think i typically have more room but his boxes are amazing, the box did require a lift kit to be put on my back seat, it actually made it more comfortable, but the box is much deeper than most and i think it actually has more airspace than his current ones, but i cant remember the specs on it now because it has been MANY years